NewEgg to Carry Grado Headphones Soon
Jan 21, 2009 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Hifihedgehog

500+ Head-Fier
Please help get NewEgg to carry Grado headphones. This is my latest reply from them:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Newegg.

Thank you for the kind suggestion and if we get enough requests from various people, we may more than likely add the item on our site. Your email will be forwarded to our related department for review shortly. Thank you for your understanding.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please visit our FAQs page. If you still need assistance, please feel free to email me directly and I will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,

Pearl Lei

Just go to NewEgg, go to product recommendations, and submit something like this:
Grado Audiophile Headphones
Manufacturer:Grado Labs
Category:Headphones
Model:SR60, SR80, SR125, SR225, SR325i, RS2, RS1, GS1000

Please add Grado Labs headphones to your headphone selection. Read these reviews :Grado SR60, SR80, SR125, and RS2 are CNET''s top rated headphones (grado - CNET Reviews). The RS1, SR60, and SR125 are highly recommended by Stereophile magazine(Stereophile: Search Results).

NewEgg rocks, and will have these at much cheaper prices than any other online store. So go now, and recommend Grado to NewEgg!

Jan 21, 2009 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 8
In the end, it's not going to work. The majority of them are just going to be sitting in the warehouse, because the sponsors here offer discounts/coupons for them. The only way people are going to buy them from NewEgg is if they're ill-informed about what better sites (in terms of deals) there are.

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #4 of 8
That probably wouldn't work. Grado requires dealers to maintain the MSRP and adhere to certain sales regions; I don't know if Newegg would agree to those. Further, I don't know if Grado could supply enough stock for them, either.

And as good as Newegg is (I do like Newegg), I will always buy from a Head-Fi sponsor before others, especially when the price is about the same.

Jan 21, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only way people are going to buy them from NewEgg is if they're ill-informed about what better sites (in terms of deals) there are.

Lately, you're right. Newegg has been disappoint after disappointment. The guys are right. Also wouldn't a company like grado have required unit sales to be a dealer, the egg in it's current condition would have a hard time pulling that off without a massive deal.

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 8
HeadRoom sells Grados discounted (with the coupon code). So why couldn't NewEgg do the same?

Anyway, NewEgg a disappointment? I buy regularly, as do all my friends, my Dad's coworkers, etc. No problemo, 'cept if the buyer is!

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:11 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonichedgehog360 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HeadRoom sells Grados discounted (with the coupon code). So why couldn't NewEgg do the same?

Anyway, NewEgg a disappointment? I buy regularly, as do all my friends, my Dad's coworkers, etc. No problemo, 'cept if the buyer is!

Why would Newegg give a toss about premium headphones? Headroom can sell Grados at a slight discount because they are sponsors. Newegg couldn't care less about this site; they have no reason to be affiliated with Head-Fi.

Jan 22, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will always buy from a Head-Fi sponsor before others, especially when the price is about the same.

Agreed. I'd much rather support the community as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back