Newbie to Amplification, but disappointed
Mar 21, 2005 at 9:05 PM Post #16 of 19
after a couple of days, i can definitely hear the improvement with the pocketamp. The bass is alot fuller and the impact is definitely better. it seems to bring out the vocals and makes the audio a more involving experience.

However, after getting a pair of Ms-1s, i've completely fallen in love with the grado sound. Enough to go insane and upgrade all of my components once and for all.

Currently its

audigy -> pocketamp v2 > alessandro ms-1s/590s

coming in the mail all within the next week :

emu 0404(stock) > gilmore lite > grado sr325i.

I'm selling my 590s and ms-1s with vwaps once I do an A/B test with everything, so PM me if you're interested in them (prices should be good)

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 19
biggrin.gif
good to hear about it chim, I'm in audio bliss now too. The EMU is certainly a good source, and I say this as I contemplate upgrading it.
Quote:

Enough to go insane and upgrade all of my components once and for all.

I'm not too sure about that
wink.gif

Mar 21, 2005 at 9:37 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by chim
after a couple of days, i can definitely hear the improvement with the pocketamp. The bass is alot fuller and the impact is definitely better. it seems to bring out the vocals and makes the audio a more involving experience.

However, after getting a pair of Ms-1s, i've completely fallen in love with the grado sound. Enough to go insane and upgrade all of my components once and for all.

Currently its

audigy -> pocketamp v2 > alessandro ms-1s/590s

coming in the mail all within the next week :

emu 0404(stock) > gilmore lite > grado sr325i.

I'm selling my 590s and ms-1s with vwaps once I do an A/B test with everything, so PM me if you're interested in them (prices should be good)

The PA2V2 does work. I'm like you and started upgrading right away. I ordered/received/returned a SuperMacro V1 for the SuperMacro V3 (still waiting), instead of upgrading and keeping two SM I ordered up a SR-71 which I got today from Todd, currently burning them in with my newly acquired Grado 325i which you will like but get the flats from Todd, the flats are much more comfortable and the bass is better with the flats than the bowls. I'm also thinking of selling my 590's w/Headphile and trading up to the 650's. I can't hang around this forum too long, not a cheap date to be found here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back