Newbie Question
Jan 30, 2002 at 8:09 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by cajunchrist
Not even the Etymotics have a completely flat response curve, though their boost in treble is deliberate.

cajunchrist, don't you mean their rolloff in the treble?

Jan 30, 2002 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
Go get a Sony V6. Not the V-600!

I was actually thinking of getting the V6.

I wanted to stay with closed headphones so that I can listen to high volume levels late at night, and not disturb anyone.

Also, I use the headphones on my soundcard, as well as my stereo, so they should probably be somewhat efficient. I'm not sure how much impedance I can drive from a Soundblaster Live.

Brett

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:15 PM Post #19 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by ai0tron
Just buy the V600 and eq it to PERFECTION. HAHAHAHA nOT!

nah, the V600 is expensive. better get a pair of cheap earbuds and EQ that to perfection
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 28
Then we only need need an additional negative distortion processor in conjunction with a sensor-controlled driver and it could really work. This is also called the workaround method - but it can work surprisingly nice in active speakers...
biggrin.gif

Manfred / lini, still pondering active headphones
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:40 PM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by lini

Manfred / lini, still pondering active headphones
wink.gif

that sounds really interesting lini! imagine having a nice warm pair of tube-powered active headphones during the cold winter!

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:47 PM Post #22 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by Joe Bloggs
Go get a Sony V6. Not the V-600!

Crap. I just noticed that the V6 have a coiled cord. Grrrr......

I was hoping that my next pair wouldn't.

Brett

Jan 30, 2002 at 9:58 PM Post #23 of 28
Quote:

Originally posted by brosselle

Crap. I just noticed that the V6 have a coiled cord. Grrrr......

I was hoping that my next pair wouldn't.

yeah, thats kinda hard to EQ out...

cut it Braver!
mad.gif

Jan 31, 2002 at 2:17 AM Post #24 of 28
LOL
biggrin.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jan 31, 2002 at 3:24 AM Post #25 of 28
Beneath all the LOL, I hope you get the idea that the V6 is much preferable to the V600. The V600's bass is rather booming, flabby and distorted. Its mids are recessed and muffled. I replaced my V6 with another V6, but I could never imaging getting a V600. This may seem strange since both cans are from the same maker and roughly similar in list price. Do your homework to get the best & most pleasing sound for your $$$ !!!

As far as the coiled cord, I actually prefer it for convenience when listening at my computer. I can stretch it out as far as I need to.

Jon

Jan 31, 2002 at 5:16 AM Post #26 of 28
The stock Sennheiser HD600 cable isn't coiled. I'm sure you can find a few of those for sale if you really try.
wink.gif

Kelly

Jan 31, 2002 at 3:26 PM Post #28 of 28
I just ordered the Sony MDR-V6 for $75. I'll give them a try for awhile. They should hold me over until I decide to pony up $300+ for something better.

Who knows, maybe they will sound good enough to me that I won't feel the need to.

Brett

Users who are viewing this thread

Back