Newbie needs help!
Nov 22, 2011 at 6:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

J.M

New Head-Fier
I'm sure this subject gets boring but I'm confused and would really appreciate some help.

I'm after some earphones for my iPhone 4S, a mic and control is a must so the two I was looking at are the HF3 and the S4i

I listen mainly to metal, hip hop and dance.

From what I've read the HF3's sound great and the comments about clarity are great but I'm concerned about the "lack of bass comments", do they have less bass than the standard Apple earphones?

I'm in two minds about the S4i's as I want some bass but not so much that it turns into a rumble and overpowers everything else.

Nov 22, 2011 at 1:39 PM Post #2 of 8
As I have both IEM's (well the none mic version of both in the HF5 and S4) the Ety's blow my Klipsch out of the water.  As for bass I think there good and I just listen to EDM like techno, house and trance.  Just use youe EQ and you can get the bass to sound very clear and have a nice punch and depth to them.  I know they say that the Ety's don't need a burn in time but after about 12 hours or so of burn in the bass really started to sound a lot better and much deeper.  The clarity of the HF5 makes my S4's sound like a cheap $20 of buds now so the Ety's win hands down there.  

I keep going back to this thread, http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-205-iems-compared-j-phonic-k2-sp-added-11-13-11
Theres 205 IEM reviews ranging in price from 0 to around $1000 and everything in between.

Nov 23, 2011 at 4:20 AM Post #4 of 8
For future reference, please make your topic more specific! Welcome to Head-Fi, I feel bad for your wallet :wink: Also whats your budget?

Nov 23, 2011 at 1:24 PM Post #6 of 8
The TF10Pro(fairly wide soundstage, deep punchy lowend, crisp clear mids, high), Klipch X10i (smooth deep reverbing bass, detailed mids, highs and overall warm sound signature) are great sounding IEMs with mic and they are available under this budget.

Nov 23, 2011 at 3:56 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
The TF10Pro(fairly wide soundstage, deep punchy lowend, crisp clear mids, high), Klipch X10i (smooth deep reverbing bass, detailed mids, highs and overall warm sound signature) are great sounding IEMs with mic and they are available under this budget.

Thanks for the reply.

I ordered the HF3's earlier today, can't wait for them to turn up!

Nov 25, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #8 of 8
Well they turned up today and I'm very pleased with them they sound great!!

I wasn't sure how little bass to expect, they're not boomy but I don't find the bass too light. I have noticed I have the volume higher though, I guess they're harder to drive than the apple buds?

Will be interesting to see if they change over the next few weeks.

Got me wondering how they'd sound amped now, guess this is how it starts!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back