Newbie needs help with Meier Corda HA-2 II SE
Aug 13, 2007 at 3:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Pipster

New Head-Fier
New purchase and my first amp
icon10.gif

I think I know what most of the switches do though not 100%. Intend to try them all of course.

Anyone got a .pdf version of the user manual as I can't find it anywhere on the net?

Skylab thinks this amp is a beauty with the HD650 so I hope I have chosen well to match my HD595, (till the upgrade bug bites again!)

Going to use the Rec Out from the amp part of my 10 year old Denon seperates system. Sound right?

Thanks chaps!!

Aug 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pipster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone got a .pdf version of the user manual as I can't find it anywhere on the net?

I think you can send Jan an email for the manual. I believe he will be more than happy to send you the pdf file.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #3 of 8
The manual comes packed WITH the amp when you buy it ...........if you are the 2nd or 3rd owner - why haven't you asked the seller for the manual. I don't recall Jan putting up a .PDF manual. I checked this computer and don't have it .......may be on my other one.
.....as to the switches (looking at the front of your amp L to R). The first one past your jacks is Crossfeed (3 position - middle is no crossfeed, upper is low crossfeed - meaning for large presentations eg. choirs, orchestras. low positon is medium crossfeed eg for jazz combos, chamber music (a simplification). The next two switches are tone controls (both 3 position, with middle position as null or off). The switch to the far right is a high-cut filter (again, 3 position with middle position as null or off). The entire manual is only about 6 pages from hook-up to basic specs.
Don't worry. This amp will last you a good long time, unless you decide you need tubes or intend to go balanced.

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 8
Great stuff, thanks for the advice.

Will try Jan and the various settings.

German engineering - here I come!!

Aug 13, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This amp will last you a good long time, unless you decide you need tubes or intend to go balanced.

I agree. Curiosity may get the best of you, but the amp you have is excellent.

Aug 13, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #6 of 8
being a corda fan, the ha2 mkii se was the amp i had wanted for the longest time. but when i was finally in a position to purchase one, i decided to go balanced instead. which reminds me, when is jan going to release a balanced amp. with the current interest in this topology, i think it would be wise for him to do so.

Aug 13, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #7 of 8
Hello

Got also HD595 paired with Corda HA-2 MkII SE. Then bought HD650....it was so cheap could not resist.
Both work great and other head-fiers have reported that it works well with K701, DT880&DT990. So that's alot good headphones to try if you get the need to upgrade
wink.gif

For pop and maybe electronica i would take HD595 for other style HD650, just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back