Newbie looking for low-end earbud recommendations
Dec 28, 2010 at 2:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Gilly87

Member of the Trade: ApeSonic
So I got the $150 Tour Beats for Christmas, and am returning them, obviously, because for $150 I should be hearing the goddamn bass. Trying to figure out where I should go from here: I listen to a lot of trip hop, dubstep, rap, classical, some ambient, classic rock, some industrial occasionally (orgy/manson).

I want something for circa $100, preferably less, that can get a good seal (i'll spring for complys if I have to, though), gives me solid bass response that I can feel but doesn't drown everything out/sacrifice mids and highs, and with good overall definition.

I have been looking at the lower end Sennheisers, but the reviews are mixed and they seem rather breakable; I'm not the most careful, I'd like something sturdy.

Recommend away! :)

Dec 29, 2010 at 5:46 PM Post #4 of 10
The turbines are totally different from beats, and they are definitely some of the best headphones for that price for people who want bass.  The audio technica m50s is also a good choice.

Dec 29, 2010 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 10
I do own a pair myself, although I've only had them for a couple of days.  I was initially concerned that the bass would be overwhelming and drown out the mids and highs, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  There is enough bass to satisfy most anyone I would think, but not so much that it drowns out the rest of the music.  I especially like how low the bass can reach.  You really feel the impact of deep bass hits.  The Turbine isn't going to give you the detail of a good balanced armature IEM, but it's a fun earphone. 

Dec 29, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #8 of 10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back