Newbie here from SF
Jul 13, 2009 at 3:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

pospressure

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I just registered after lurking here for about a month. I found this site while researching closed full sized headphones (closed for my sleeping GF and full sized for the aching my ears get from the old Sony- MDR-V300’s I use every night at the computer). I also have a set of Sure E2C’s but hate the feeling of IEM’s like I consistently need to pop my ears.

I tend to get obsessive when I find something new to learn about so I’ve already got a preliminary beginner shopping list consisting of a pair of AKG k271’s, a Caffeine amp (for portability and the bass boost), and a pocket dock for my new Touch. I think I'll use that set up until I get a DAC or possibly the Alien DAC kit for the computer (its only been 15 years since electronics class!).

I tend not to ask many questions since I can find most everything I need from the search box so I may go back into lurk mode for an extended period of time. Just wanted to say hi and I’m excited about this site/forums and can’t wait to get my new gear.

Now back to re-ripping all my CD’s.

Jul 13, 2009 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 9
Welcome to head-fi, sorry about your wallet.

In 3 months time you will own a set of headphones that cost more than 100$, manually.
icon10.gif

Jul 13, 2009 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 9
Welcome to Head-Fi!

If you're in San Francisco, you should come to the meet on August 8. Checks the Meet Forum for details. Everyone is welcome and don't be shy because you're new. Bring whatever gear you want, but be sure to bring CDs or your iPod. I'm driving up from Los Angeles to attend - meets are tye best part of Head-Fi!
smily_headphones1.gif
I hope to see you there.

Jul 14, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #6 of 9
meets are a lot of fun. You can listen to all kinds of equipment and head-fiers tend to be quite helpful. And being obsessive is a definitely requirement! Welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back