Newbie Headphones
Feb 14, 2002 at 5:19 AM Post #16 of 28
Thanks for the headsup everybody, i guess i can't trust most of these review sites. I can't find a site w/ the KCS 35 on it, i have found the 50's on a few sites though. I'm convinced to buy them now, as they are only $20 and if i don't like to use them for my main rig i know they're a helluva lot better than the one im using w/ my mp3 player right now.

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:22 AM Post #17 of 28
Dude, there is really only ONE place online to get the KSC-35's!!

www.headphone.com

haven't you checked them out? Read their reviews? looked at their product guides? looked at what they think of htis or that headphone?

The KSC-35's are sooooooo incredibly worth the extra few dollars over he KSC-50's! I mean, *big time*!!

Also, check your local Circuit City for leftover KSC-35's. They are semi-discontinued, but there might be some stragglers left!

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:25 AM Post #18 of 28
I made the same choice you're about to make and went with the KSC-50... and I regret that decision.
frown.gif

They aren't very comfortable, they're heavy, they aren't all that hot lookin' IMO, and the cloth-like cord is a pain in the ass (not very durable at all). They do sound great, though.
I seriously wish I had gone with the KSC-35. From everything I've read, they fit better, look better and even sound slightly better. Don't make the same mistake I made! You can still get them from Headroom HERE.

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:27 AM Post #19 of 28
Yes, they fit better, are lighter, are more snug, have better bass, are more inconspicuous, look better on your ears, are more comfortable, are actually useful for exercising, etc. etc. etc.

Get the 35's...

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #20 of 28
You're local Circuit City might also carry the HD477 for $25. It isn't as good as the HD497, but it is better than the Kosses.

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:39 AM Post #21 of 28
Thanks guys, on the ordering page right now. How long cord that comes w/ it ... it doesn't say on the site. What kind of extention cable should i get? ... 10 feet total should be plenty long for me.

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:47 AM Post #23 of 28
The ordering page for the KSC-35's?

Not long enough for a computer. Just head down to radio shack and get a five or six foot extension....

unfortunately, though, oftentimes, in most radio shacks, it's tough to find any extension smaller than 20' (gyah!)...

I dunno, why dont you wait for the headphones first, lol?

Feb 14, 2002 at 5:53 AM Post #24 of 28
I've found that the 9.8 ft Sony extension is more neutral than the crappy ones that Radio Shack carries. You might be able to find it on Sony's accessories website or www.sonystyle.com.

Feb 14, 2002 at 10:37 PM Post #26 of 28
Thanks Daniel, but I already ordered the KSC-35's. They didn't ship today, but they should go out tomorrow ... which mean i should get them by monday or tuesday. I'm going to town Sat to pick up an extention cord for it. Thanks guys, now seem like a good time to pick out some new CD's.

Feb 18, 2002 at 9:23 PM Post #27 of 28
OMG! These things are sweet! Puts all my other headphones and speakers to shame ... and the're comffy too. The base is great on these little cans too ... a lot better than the mini creative-labs subwoffer under my desk that mainy makes noise by shaking the desk. They are open and leak to the point that anyone can hear what your listening too if they are within 10 feet of you ... but who cares, they sound great! I would highly recommend these to any newbie getting into audio scene.

Big Thanks to Gluegun for recommending these cans to me. Since these lower-end cans sound so great im real interested in how the Koss Ru-40's are going to sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back