Newbie Headphone Buyer
Nov 9, 2008 at 6:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Thao

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I'm pretty much a total newbie when it comes to buying headphones. I'm not an audiophile in the slightest, I've never bought or tried any amazing headphones. But, at home, I've got a pretty kickass stereo, and I've began to notice I actually don't like listening to my music on the go, since it doesn't sound as good as my stereo.

Anyways, I've decided to buy a semi-decent pair of headphones to replace my current Apple iPod Touch 2G headphones. Yes, the "dreaded" Apple stock headphones. I'm looking to spend anywhere from $50-$120 CAD, whether this be on eBay, or anywhere to get the best bang for my buck. I'm aware these won't be top of the line at all, but hopefully a heck of alot better than the Apple ones.

I've also bought a pair of Skullcandy Ink'd headphones, as pictured here, and found them to be really uncomfortable and hard to keep in my ears. They either fell out, or were embedded into my eardrum, so I'd prefer to stay away from that style, unless that was just due to Skullcandy's epic fail.

As for the kind of music I'm listening to, it'd mainly be Electronica. Electro rock, dance, etc. I like my bass and treble.
smily_headphones1.gif

So any ideas or suggestions as to what to buy would be greatly appreciated, I was doing some searching around and found alot of people saying the Yuin-Pk3's were good. How are they?

Anyways, thanks for reading this whole thing. Sorry I'm such a noob, I just thought it would be a good idea to come to the source of good sound. Thanks so much for any suggestions! I really appreciate it.

- Thao

Nov 10, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey, if you can stretch your budget a bit more, Audio technica ES-7 does wonderful job with those genres.

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I took a look, but those are far too big for my liking. I'm sure they sound amazing, but I'm moreso looking for some portable earbuds.

Yuin-PK3 may be it, but again, I'm open to any other suggestions.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back