New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Sep 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #1,261 of 1,364
I only gets clicks if I listen to a gapless album which can be solved by ripping the CD into a single image. No issue for my other albums.

I think most members say that the Z2 sounds better than the Z1, I decided not to get the Z2 because the battery only lasts for 8hrs or less which is too low for me. Also, the Z2 cannot work as a portable amp which is something to consider.

Regarding the left channel issue, I never had this problem with my Z1 but sometimes with my Walnut V2. I can fix it by switching it on in amp mode (remove SD card first) with the earphones connected, if I hear the click noise on the left earpiece then I will power off, reinsert the SD card and power on again. Maybe this can fix your problem with the Z1.[/QUOTE

sounds good to me .thanks that made my decision making alot easier :)

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #1,262 of 1,364
Hi there,
I can't remember but I think I saw a post somewhere that it's possible to change the loudness (volume) of LO. Is it true? Or was it about Walnut V2?

Sep 27, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,264 of 1,364
Need to know first that are USB DAC mode on Z1 is standard UAC1/2 or using custom protocol like XMOS series.
Here is some example, when you plugging Z1 to PC, and windows can automatically recognized Z1 as USB Sound Card (no need to install custom driver) so Z1 is using UAC1.
UAC1 specification is PCM 96khz / 24bit max.
So the possible thing that DSD played in PC, is converted to PCM. Then sended to Z1 as PCM stream, of course with max specification of UAC1.
What you hear on final stage is not native DSD sound's.

How bout zishan dsd? Is the usb dac mode natively dsd? Or converted to pcm?

Sep 28, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #1,266 of 1,364
ok just receaved my zishan z1, but completely dont know how to use this, so far i figured out by connecting z1 to laptop with cable, i can play both through Po and Lo, while with po i can use the volume in z1 and lo volume through pc.

what is these Lo, Po, what does they mean. How can i use z1 as a dac for my smartphone.
should i use po or lo as stand alone.
and how to use as an amp.

also there are 4 firmware updates, do i need to install one by one or just the latest one. it sucks that there is no manual for this.

thank you.

Sep 28, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #1,267 of 1,364
hi some zishan doesnt support dap mode. if it has you must have audio cable and you can take one side to cellphone and one side to po( preamp out ) and you pull the earphone to lo ( line out) on zishan. but if it doesnt support amp there is no difference on quality maybe lower it.
they said the v3 is best firmware but i prefer v4.
if you want to use as dac you must buy male to male micro usb. you buy it from penon audio.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 12:20 PM Post #1,268 of 1,364
I will recommend it as it is the lowest priced AK4490 audio player........... my ears are acting up on me right now so I can't really tell the difference between Z1 and Z2....... I am so screwed...........
But you can notice the difference in your wallet. :wink:

Oct 15, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #1,269 of 1,364
What's the best way to install an opamp? I just did my first exchange.

With the opamp grabber from e-bay, I pulled out the one original v1 opamp but mangled the legs and it's now dead (no biggie).

I installed the new opamp by pushing down on the round metal until I heard a snap. Are the metal legs between the round top strong enough to push that hard on it or should I have done it a different way?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1PCS-NSC-LME49720HA-DIP-8-Socket-/220998639853

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,270 of 1,364
So I bought lme49720ha and upon receiving I tried to install it but one of its legs got cut in the middle due to poor shape from shipping. Tried to repair with heat gun and did that and installed it but there was hissing or static sound in songs. I guess it was damaged by heat gun.

So still didn't order another one yet and was wondering after 85 pages, what the head fi membees think is the best oamp amoing all in overall sense and not rediculusly expensive.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #1,271 of 1,364
So I bought lme49720ha and upon receiving I tried to install it but one of its legs got cut in the middle due to poor shape from shipping. Tried to repair with heat gun and did that and installed it but there was hissing or static sound in songs. I guess it was damaged by heat gun.

So still didn't order another one yet and was wondering after 85 pages, what the head fi membees think is the best oamp amoing all in overall sense and not rediculusly expensive.
I'm sorry to hear that, did you ask the shipper for a refund? It is an expensive opamp indeed, almost as expensive as the Z1!

I don't have another Z1 with an original opamp to compare but I think the 49720HA is worth buying again. However, after you get a refund...

Oct 16, 2017 at 12:20 AM Post #1,273 of 1,364
I'm sorry to hear that, did you ask the shipper for a refund? It is an expensive opamp indeed, almost as expensive as the Z1!

I don't have another Z1 with an original opamp to compare but I think the 49720HA is worth buying again. However, after you get a refund...

Didn't take pics so it won't do any good. So u think it's the best .. Guess will order again.

Oct 29, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #1,274 of 1,364
Has anyone painted their Zishan? I'm thinking of painting it gold, and I'm not sure what type of paint to use?

How did you paint the ends where all the buttons are? Painters tape over them?

Thanks. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back