New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jul 12, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #1,067 of 1,364
haha. I'm no kiasu bro. Wait till other impressions first then order. But Zishan z1 is very good paired with my ty 320. Tighter bass. Better depth. Tested with ty 32 also very very good. Even better than fiio Q1 dac amp. Can't really compare it with others yet. But not much wider than my samsung s1 or iphone 5

Ha ha, I see where you were going there, I am still waiting for my Z1 and also Z2 to arrive if my agent managed to order it before it ran out of stock, hopefully my ears will be fully functional and sensitive to give a right impression for Z2 when it arrive soon.

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #1,068 of 1,364
Ha ha, I see where you were going there, I am still waiting for my Z1 and also Z2 to arrive if my agent managed to order it before it ran out of stock, hopefully my ears will be fully functional and sensitive to give a right impression for Z2 when it arrive soon.
I'm counting on your impressions on Z1 / Z2 vs your current DAP :gs1000smile:
That would be very usefull.

after a while I realized that z1 did not have much reserve after powering my TY 320 to proper listening level. Normal songs are OK but audiophile recordings / classical with below than normal gain suffers. barely loud. I'm worried about transient and dynamic . But pairing it with my O2 amp at home solves it. Boy TY 320 is power hungry

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #1,069 of 1,364
I'm counting on your impressions on Z1 / Z2 vs your current DAP :gs1000smile:
That would be very usefull.

after a while I realized that z1 did not have much reserve after powering my TY 320 to proper listening level. Normal songs are OK but audiophile recordings / classical with below than normal gain suffers. barely loud. I'm worried about transient and dynamic . But pairing it with my O2 amp at home solves it. Boy TY 320 is power hungry

Sounds like my wife

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:11 AM Post #1,070 of 1,364
I have a question regarding z1 usb dac mode, is the z1 amp still gonna work or is dac mode just dac and no amp?
I tried searching the thread couldn't find anything related to my question, thanks.

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #1,073 of 1,364
You must not have a sd-Card in slot for Z1 to work as DAC.

Not necessary.

I use Z1 as dac-amp while the sd card is inside.

Just turn off Z1 then connect USB to PC, then turn on Z1. It will be in DAC-AMP mode. The blue LED will go like

blink blink pause blink blink pause ......

If it in player mode (play music in SD card) LED will go like

blink pause blink pause ......

I have a question regarding z1 usb dac mode, is the z1 amp still gonna work or is dac mode just dac and no amp?
I tried searching the thread couldn't find anything related to my question, thanks.

If you connect the headphone to Z1 and the sound come out then amp is always work.
NO amp = No sound

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:35 AM Post #1,074 of 1,364
Yeah. But i tried with my TV line out to LO and listen to my earbud connected to PO and the sound is very weak. Is it supposed to be like that? As if no amplification at all. Just sound normal from my tv line out. My other dedicated amp works fine.

Or I'm missing something here?

BTW further listening i found z1 sounds unnecessarily warm on the lower bass. Is it because if hight imedance output? Is it normal? My earbud is ty hi-z 320. It's not as tight as I inagined it should be.

Edit. I must've entered eq mode by mistake..reset and all good.

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:24 PM Post #1,075 of 1,364
IMG_0245.PNG

I bought lme4970ha from aliexpress with 8-pin ic socket ( i don't know if it is original)
i found the photo i attached on aliexpress but when i put it this way it is not work .
is this the right way ?

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,078 of 1,364

I bought lme4970ha from aliexpress with 8-pin ic socket ( i don't know if it is original)
i found the photo i attached on aliexpress but when i put it this way it is not work .
is this the right way ?

Here's the alignment of the opamp in my Z1.

DSC-170713-114259.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:43 PM Post #1,080 of 1,364
Hi guys, i recently got my Z1 from Penon Audio. After a month of waiting. First impression, price to performance ratio is superb..i can't believe it.. It seems like this small wonder kicks the hell out of my more expensive tube dac (i will try a side by side testing with these 2 maybe next week).

I want to ask something. I tried playing with my EQ a while back. Not bad really but i want to switch the thing back to its default 0 EQ. Is that possible?

Also, how would i know if i have the latest firmware? I ordered it a month ago so there might be a newer firmware the past few weeks? Does the Z1 can now read 256GB of microsd? Can you guys also recommend a good and inexpensive microsd for z1? 128 or 256 if possible.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back