New Zealand Where to Buy Zero
Aug 17, 2008 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

koruki

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys!

Got a great forum going here, been told about it by some guys that work at hifi shops. Been doing some reading and was wonder where if possible, can you order a Zero Dac down here in New Zealand. I noticed a few users were from here so just curious if anyone had some advice as to where to buy.

Was thinking of getting one as I seen a lot of nice words towards it, planning to upgrade from a pair of HD595's to HD650's
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 17, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 13
Aug 18, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by koruki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys!

Got a great forum going here, been told about it by some guys that work at hifi shops. Been doing some reading and was wonder where if possible, can you order a Zero Dac down here in New Zealand. I noticed a few users were from here so just curious if anyone had some advice as to where to buy.

Was thinking of getting one as I seen a lot of nice words towards it, planning to upgrade from a pair of HD595's to HD650's
ksc75smile.gif

Kia Ora!

Go to diykits

I've spend far too much time researching Chinese sellers and if I was you, I'd contact Eddie at DIYKITS. Here's the thing: I bought a Super DAC Pro from him that carked it after a week. I wrote him and he said to send it back (I was in Nelson, NZ at the time); the shipping charge to return it was $46NZ and Eddie SEND ME MY MONEY back via PayPal AND sent me a new DAC!!!!!!! Now THAT is service, and his English is very passable. I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat though he'll probably sing high the praises of his CityPulse line.

If Eddie isn't selling Zero at this time try eBay store ListeningChina or RichTonAudio. Contact me for links if you need more help.

BTW, the BEST upgrade I have EVER bought (cannot emphasize this enough) is the recent purchase of a Yaoin 6J1 Tube Buffer to connect to my CD player. I have a very decent mid-fi system with very demanding hi-fi ears; even my WIFE said "Wow, it'a amazing...it's just amazing..."

Cheers
Don

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 13
Thanks to all of you with the helpful responses. I've had a look at ebay after you guys suggested it. I noticed quite a few sellers were from Hong Kong. I have quite a few friends in Hong Kong actually, does anyone know where are some good stores in HK for audio gooes (yeah low chance but worth a try haha)

EDIT* after checking the link ddoingwell gave me, i noted there is an address. Seems its at a place I visit quite often when I am in HK haha.

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A bit OT but what part of NZ are you from? A few more Christchurch head-fi'ers and it might be time for a meet...
ph34r.gif

Aucklander haha sorry.

Aug 25, 2008 at 7:17 AM Post #11 of 13
hey I just got my one from AudiophileChina.com. Arrived today, plugged it in and had a listen. Notice there was some noise on left channel when no sound is playing. Did you notice this initially as well or is my one faulty? Its a really quiet noise similar to what you hear when your cable is loose. Its on and off, also the inside looks slighty different from the first version.

Will post pics soon, only a few little things different thought. Will keep updated.

Aug 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Noise has magically gone after I powered it up again to do some more listening.

now, who can tell me where I can get a pair of OPA627 op-amps down here in little old New Zealand? Do they still make them since I noticed Texas Instruments has taken over Burr Brown

thanks for any info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back