New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 10, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #286 of 367
It'll be relisted in a few moments.

May 12, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #288 of 367
So we are only about 1.5 weeks away from the meet, why is this thread not featured?

May 12, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #289 of 367
Quick update that Chris from iFi won't be able to make it to this years meet 

Boo.

Good news is that he is sending me a whole lot of iFi gear to bring along, so you'll still get to hear it all :)

Obviously my product knowledge won't be as good as Chris's, however I will be reading all their documentation and putting them through their paces for about 10 days beforehand so I won't be a total noob either.

May 13, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #291 of 367
Only dipped my toe into the water with headphones and audio gear a few days ago. I'm addicted and glad that we here in NZ have such an opportunity. So glad I found this today. Me and my flat mate are keen to come along to this and purchased our tickets :D

May 13, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #292 of 367
Only dipped my toe into the water with headphones and audio gear a few days ago. I'm addicted and glad that we here in NZ have such an opportunity. So glad I found this today. Me and my flat mate are keen to come along to this and purchased our tickets :D

Awesome! Be great to see you guys. I should make obligatory apologies to your wallet in advance of course...

May 14, 2014 at 1:03 AM Post #293 of 367
Hey guys, 
I'm relatively new to head-fi (although I joined a while back) and was just wondering what happens at these meets. Also if i'm able to make it would there be any obligation to bring your own equipment? 

Cheers.

May 14, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #294 of 367
  Hey guys, 
I'm relatively new to head-fi (although I joined a while back) and was just wondering what happens at these meets. Also if i'm able to make it would there be any obligation to bring your own equipment? 

Cheers.

No obligation to bring your own gear at all. Probably worth at least bringing your headphones as these will be a known quantity to your ears, but not necessary.

At the meet it'll basically be a whole lot of us setting up our home rigs at tables (and a few retailers with more extensive selections) offering the chance for you to audition the gear.

Since this has literally never been a thing before in NZ audiophiledom this is an amazing time to be new to Head-Fi in NZ :)

May 14, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #296 of 367
I'm extremely interested but don't have much experience in audio so this could be a great opportunity. Unfortunately, I am looking at buying some headphones (although nothing too expensive) and this could lead to a horrendous outcome on my wallet. Has anyone indicated they're bringing any mid-fi (not sure if this is the right term, I mean stuff a level below the high end, like he-400/500, Senn HD650s) equipment that people can try out?

May 14, 2014 at 2:52 AM Post #297 of 367
  I'm extremely interested but don't have much experience in audio so this could be a great opportunity. Unfortunately, I am looking at buying some headphones (although nothing too expensive) and this could lead to a horrendous outcome on my wallet. Has anyone indicated they're bringing any mid-fi (not sure if this is the right term, I mean stuff a level below the high end, like he-400/500, Senn HD650s) equipment that people can try out?

From memory a few will be, yes.

May 14, 2014 at 4:26 AM Post #298 of 367

Are you in Auckland? CL has all 3 of those available for demo in store :)

Edit: but definitely come to the meet too!!

May 14, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #299 of 367
Are you in Auckland? CL has all 3 of those available for demo in store
smily_headphones1.gif

Edit: but definitely come to the meet too!!

Yup living in Auckland, but I'm a student so my transportation options are very limited, so i haven't been able to get there.

Also where can I get the tickets? The trade me link is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back