New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #271 of 367

I'd be quite curious to hear info on this too 

I inquired with the acoustixs that helmetguy suggested. And they say that $95 dollars for the impressions through them. They try sell UE products since that is their the distributor(?) for the region.

Not sure if that is a good price? Seems in proportion with the inflation of price of services and goods, due to being down under. 

Matthew

May 5, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #272 of 367
  I inquired with the acoustixs that helmetguy suggested. And they say that $95 dollars for the impressions through them. They try sell UE products since that is their the distributor(?) for the region.

Not sure if that is a good price? Seems in proportion with the inflation of price of services and goods, due to being down under. 

Matthew

Cool, thanks dude!

That sounds reasonable to me... 
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2014 at 12:13 AM Post #273 of 367

Cool, thanks dude!

That sounds pretty reasonable to me... If you're investing in a pair of CIEM's, an additional $95 sounds fairly reasonable. 

Hahah, I wasn't debating if it was a reasonable price :D I do realise the difference of 20 dollars or so doesn't make much difference when purchasing a CIEM.

May I ask which you are interested in? My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

I was looking at the Unique Melody Merlins, as they seem to be based out of Australia (production in China tho). 

Matt

May 5, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #274 of 367
My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

This is not an insurmountable problem. Ask me about it at the meet.

May 5, 2014 at 12:55 AM Post #275 of 367
  Hahah, I wasn't debating if it was a reasonable price :D I do realise the difference of 20 dollars or so doesn't make much difference when purchasing a CIEM.

May I ask which you are interested in? My only doubt is being whacked with a hefty customs tax when bringing anything in at that price range.

I was looking at the Unique Melody Merlins, as they seem to be based out of Australia (production in China tho). 

Matt

Sweet.. 

Yea I've looked at the Merlins too, and the Miracles seem very highly rated. This is a cool review list: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/ the green ones are customs! 

If this is derailing the thread too hard, we could move this convo to PM 
tongue.gif

May 5, 2014 at 4:45 AM Post #276 of 367
This is not an insurmountable problem. Ask me about it at the meet.

Woah really? :xf_eek: what witchcraft is that? Is it something you cannot disclose on the public domain? :wink:
Look forward to meeting you then! :)

On a side note, does anyone know the best way to sell used audiophile components like amps and headphones (obscure-ish ones), as I do not think trade me would sell it easily D:

Matt

May 5, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #277 of 367

Woah really? :xf_eek: what witchcraft is that? Is it something you cannot disclose on the public domain? :wink:
Look forward to meeting you then! :)

On a side note, does anyone know the best way to sell used audiophile components like amps and headphones (obscure-ish ones), as I do not think trade me would sell it easily D:

Matt

Use the for sale forums on Head-Fi.  Plenty of Kiwis on the boards - so you can specify Australasia only if freight would be an issue.  It's also a lot safer (if you buy/sell with people who have history here).

May 5, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #278 of 367

Use the for sale forums on Head-Fi.  Plenty of Kiwis on the boards - so you can specify Australasia only if freight would be an issue.  It's also a lot safer (if you buy/sell with people who have history here).

Thanks! I wasn't sure of the amount of Australasian members who would be on there, so I was just wondering if there was a better medium :)

May 5, 2014 at 5:01 AM Post #279 of 367
I'd imagine you're likley to get a better response here among "enthusiasts" than you would on Trade-Me.  Plus the only fees would be Paypal if it was involved.

May 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM Post #280 of 367
  I'd imagine you're likley to get a better response here among "enthusiasts" than you would on Trade-Me.  Plus the only fees would be Paypal if it was involved.

I have just got a T1 of TradeMe for $880 though, is that a good deal?

May 5, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #281 of 367
If it's in good condition I'd say it's pretty good.  $880 kiwi = ~ USD 750.00 and that's getting near the bottom end of what I've seen in the FS threads here.

Nice one - what do you think of it?

(I am so gutted I'm not getting to AKLD for the meet!)

May 5, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #282 of 367
  If it's in good condition I'd say it's pretty good.  $880 kiwi = ~ USD 750.00 and that's getting near the bottom end of what I've seen in the FS threads here.

Nice one - what do you think of it?

(I am so gutted I'm not getting to AKLD for the meet!)

It certainly does look like new to me, and have no hint of defectiveness. Makes a solid companion to the HD800 IMO, with the T1 being a bit warmer in comparison.

Are you not coming to the meet?

May 5, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #283 of 367

Yeah its only that the headphone I'm looking to sell is the HE-400, and from amazon it is $100 bucks off at 299 haha, and it is less than a year old with lots of accessories (paid 450 excluding shipping). I know its a bummer, but I was trying to avoid having to sell it for ~200 if possible. 

May 5, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #284 of 367

It certainly does look like new to me, and have no hint of defectiveness. Makes a solid companion to the HD800 IMO, with the T1 being a bit warmer in comparison.

Are you not coming to the meet?

Sadly no - got hit with a few bills, and it's a relatively expensive exercise getting from Invercargill to Auckland just for a couple of days.  Would have loved to have been there too - especially as I still haven't heard the HD800 or T1 :frowning2:

Yeah its only that the headphone I'm looking to sell is the HE-400, and from amazon it is $100 bucks off at 299 haha, and it is less than a year old with lots of accessories (paid 450 excluding shipping). I know its a bummer, but I was trying to avoid having to sell it for ~200 if possible. 

If you're going to the meet in a few weeks then maybe bring the HE400 and extras along.  You may be able to sell it - of swap for something else if anyone willing .....

May 10, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #285 of 367
Hi chaps, can tickets still be bought for the meet and there are no current listings on TradeMe - me and a mate in Auckland are looking to come along but we have been slow to get the tickets.

Thanks
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back