New Yuin PK2 fake?
Apr 3, 2020 at 7:03 PM Post #17 of 25
If @nightrhyme can pop his 'new' ones apart to see the back of the driver, we could see if they're the same as his old ones.

I'm guessing its most likely different drivers.

@jhawkes if you had cable failure, you can always re-cable them.
I cannot check the driver as they are already on their way back to China for a refund.
However I agree. Probably different drivers.

Apr 4, 2020 at 5:57 PM Post #19 of 25
I’m also a big fan of the yuin shell. But I happen to know it comes in different sizes. Long time ago I bought a modded yuin with special cable on eBay. It turned out to be crap. But the shell was shaped like yuin shell but a tiny bit wider. Enough so that it hurt my ears.

I was also looking at the shozy xb. I don’t like the shell. But the grill seems to look like yuins. The sound should be closer to the pk2 than the Cygnus

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2020 at 7:48 PM Post #21 of 25
The B40 has a larger diameter than PK2. And apparently the shell is slightly different too, another member found that out last week.

I prefer PK buds too, but the K's LBB was even more comfortable to me. I'd consider those or other K's earbuds too.

If you guys still have your PK2's, have you considered MMCX modding them or having someone do so for you?

This is my own diy bud, the stem doesn't need to be removed either. I did twice on this shell experimenting with the 2 common size connectors and different drivers I had. It also lets me use them over ear easier.

IMG_20200305_210757.jpg
IMG_20200329_191608.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020 at 3:49 PM Post #24 of 25
Been researching the Shozy Cygnus, Especially vs Yuin pk2. It seems to be the best replacement for pk2 .Size wise and soundwise.
The consensus seems to be that the the Cygnus has more bass than the pk2. While the pk2 has much better extension/treble.
Especially this Cygnus review is very clear: https://biareview.com/shozy-cygnus/

That's pretty sad...As the cygnus seems to lack the best part of the pk2. I don´t really acre that much about bass.

It also dawned on me going to through various discussion treads about earbuds where cygnus and pk2 was mentioned. That many people have never really heard the original yuin pk2. Maybe theay have only heard the "new" pk2.

The original pk2 has no sub bass to speak off, a sweet midrange combined with a lovely extended treble that is perfectly balances between adding ambience and openness without becoming too shrill or sibilant.

The "new" pk2 does sound familiar. No sub bass to speak off, Pretty sweet lower midrange. Going up in frequency from here it just sounds muffled. No extension, No openness.

I am still pretty tempted to try the cygnus as most people have nice things to say about it...

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 25
Hi, I came late to this thread, I will add a couple of other options (I do not own either)

1. Willsound PK16, it has an Etymotic style tuning, you can search the main earbud thread for impressions. There is also a PK32 which is supposed to have a warmer tone. Both are priced at $40 + shipping. I also know that he does change the tuning with each revision, but I guess you can chat with him on the details.

https://www.facebook.com/WillSound-355453261556612

Also on head-fi 'WillSound'

2. Contact Wong Kuan Wae on Facebook, he can custom build you an earbud with neutral tuning, from what I know, he has PK drivers with different impedance (16, 32, 150) and pricing varies according to the cable materials being used.

https://www.facebook.com/wkuanwae

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back