New Yuin PK1's - Wow!
Jan 10, 2011 at 7:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

FlatNine

500+ Head-Fier
I received my new Yuin PK1's and just plugged in to my iPod Touch 64gb. WOW! What a difference! My Ety's ER4P's are by no means lame, but what I am hearing is very different. The first things that come to mind are clarity, separation, and comfort. I can't believe these are buds. The iPod is up to about 90% volume, so they are not as loud, but they are 150 ohms, so I'm not suprised. My new D2+ should be here tomorrow, so I'll be able to power them a bit better. Nevertheless, the sound is very very suprising. I'm listening to Joe Pass (Portraits of Duke Ellington) and I can hear everything very clearly. Including all pieces of the drum kit. Dang, this is fun!

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:53 PM Post #2 of 14
Well it's one of the best earbuds out there so you should be able to expect that. Earbuds are like the open backed version of IEMs so they actually have soundstage. To be honest, its design sucks as they look like 2 dollars earbuds.

Jan 10, 2011 at 7:58 PM Post #3 of 14
Glad you like them, but I'm sure you know they sound best when properly amped so you should also start looking for a good portable amplifier; loudness doesn't equate to being properly driven. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
Glad you like them, but I'm sure you know they sound best when properly amped so you should also start looking for a good portable amplifier; loudness doesn't equate to being properly driven. 

Yeah - I know the D2+ will be able to drive them better, but like all my fellow head-fier's, this addiction never seems to end and I'm sure I'll end up with a nice amp this year as well. That Pico sure looks nice!

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #5 of 14

Quote:
Well it's one of the best earbuds out there so you should be able to expect that. Earbuds are like the open backed version of IEMs so they actually have soundstage. To be honest, its design sucks as they look like 2 dollars earbuds.

Yeah - they look just like a black version of the standard Apple buds.

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 14

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope contributions are not expected cuz hanging in this forum costs me a lot of money.  Just over $350 this week alone. Dang!
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
welcome to club earbud *high five

we serve punch and pie on fridays and each monday is bring your pet to work day

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 14

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah - I know the D2+ will be able to drive them better, but like all my fellow head-fier's, this addiction never seems to end and I'm sure I'll end up with a nice amp this year as well. That Pico sure looks nice!

Yea man, just make sure you do extensive reading on the product youre thinking of buying; I remember the days of upgrading equipment and not a week after I got it I was on the lookout for something better; I read up on so many things I never bought, all a learning experience though and I loved doing it. 

Jan 10, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #9 of 14

Yeah - that is part of the fun, but it is really an addiction. Last year this time I was set on a D2+ and Shure SE530's. Instead I got an iPod Touch 64GB, and TF10's, then Ety ER-4P's. Now it's the Yuins and the D2+. What will it be next year? We need a 12 step Head-Fi'ers Anonymous program with sponsors and all. Based on everything I've seen and read here, as well as my own experience, the holy grail of sonic nirvana is just not attainable, and we're never satisfied. :frowning2:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yea man, just make sure you do extensive reading on the product youre thinking of buying; I remember the days of upgrading equipment and not a week after I got it I was on the lookout for something better; I read up on so many things I never bought, all a learning experience though and I loved doing it. 

Jan 12, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #12 of 14

Oh no - in another post I mentioned how dangerous this place is for the wallet and now you tempt me with the StepDance amp. Must resist...

Quote:
i think the STEPDANCE  will be one of the best amp for PK1, maybe u should give them a try

Jan 13, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #14 of 14

Users who are viewing this thread

Back