New York or Jersey City?
May 21, 2006 at 3:04 AM Post #16 of 19
What about Brooklyn?
tongue.gif

I think you could find a 3 bedroom around that price and be about 40min by subway from the city.

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:03 AM Post #17 of 19
Interesting question.

I know people make jokes about New Jersey but I think New Jersey is great as long as you pick the right location. Don’t get me wrong, I love New York but it can feel a little claustrophobic and it can feel like you’re trapped.

I like the idea of living in New Jersey because if you own a car, it’s a little easier to drive off to the rural areas on your days off.

Jersey City is a great convenient location and in a way, you can get the best of both worlds of city and easier access to the more inland country.

Apr 2, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #18 of 19
If you want to live in Jersey City, as mentioned, you need to live in a newer luxury building along the river (these building are where I serviced the elevators) and you're definitely not going to find what you want in your price range, at all.

These luxury building are priced similarly to Manhattan. If you want to live in Newark, you better be able to hold your own and have a CCW permit, because you'll need one. I also wouldn't recommend going out at night in either of these areas.

And last time I went to Hoboken was about 3yrs ago to eat a Arthur's Steak House (on Washington Ave) in the afternoon, and the area looked like it totally changed from when I was in my early to late 20's, and definitely not for the better.

Apr 2, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #19 of 19
Damn, scary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back