New York Area Meeting Anyone Thinking About It?
Oct 16, 2002 at 4:03 AM Post #61 of 235
ah, just remembered this thread! I believe I can make it on the 9th. I am also quite close to nyc head (I'm off the 125 st 1/9 stop) and I could lend a hand setting up.

Oct 17, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #62 of 235
I just found out today that I have business responsibilities on both the Saturday of 11/9 and 11/23. So let's look for another Saturday that works for everyone.

Or let's hope Grado Labs comes through. . . .

Oct 17, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #64 of 235
11/16 is fine with me. Can we make it at around 7pm so that we can park on the street?

Oct 18, 2002 at 1:46 AM Post #65 of 235
November 16 works for me. How about the others?

I don't know how long these things usually last, but I could probably listen to the different components for at least three or four hours, maybe longer. If we start at 7PM, that puts us late into the night, especially if people want to go out to eat dinner in Manhattan afterwards. I would suggest around 4-5PM, unless those of you who do these things more frequently suggest otherwise. As for parking, the streets around here don't have the "until 7PM" parking, but rather say "no parking on Friday 11-1PM, etc.", so we shouldn't let the parking rule the show. Besides, there is a lot next to the building that people can park in for $13 for a day, which is pretty cheap.

Anyway, let me know. . .

And what about Grado Labs?

Oct 18, 2002 at 3:06 AM Post #66 of 235
Still waiting on a Reply on Grado Labs. But I say let's plan on 11/16 as a definite just so people can start making plans. If Grado Labs comes through, I'll try to arrange for the same date.
NYC Head, Since you're the host, Please let us know the maximum amount of people you could accomodate on this date. I know I'll be attending and I'll probably have two other Headfiers along (possibly joelongwood and HighwayStar) whom have let me know of their interest. looking back we had four other definite headfiers coming on the 9th:
Bifcake
Grinch
Jpelg
Bozebuttons

Are you guys still in? If so either post here or you can PM myself, and I'd imagine NYC Head as well.

Oct 18, 2002 at 5:09 AM Post #68 of 235
hmm, if its held at Grado Labs i should be able to take the train there.

Oct 18, 2002 at 9:38 AM Post #69 of 235
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
hmm, if its held at Grado Labs i should be able to take the train there.

Bingo ! 45th Street stop on the R line. Though it does appear that this meeting is heading uptown.

If I have the time, I'll drive by Grado's on Saturday see if I can get my foot in the door.
biggrin.gif

Oct 18, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #71 of 235
11/16... The Motet is playing on the 16th! If the meet is on the 16th ill probably take the train in early to catch some headphone action before gettin my groove on. If anyone else wants to come your more than welcome. Just make sure youre ready
biggrin.gif
. The concert is at Tobacco Road, a nice little venue on w41st between 8th and 9th and the covers (FC Band and Lex Grey & the Urban Pioneers) go on at 9. Hope Clayburn (from DBB) should be jammin with the Motet. Its gonna be sick!

I can bring my iPod, sr225s, ksc35s, and whatever else I have by then.

Oct 18, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #72 of 235
I spoke with John Grado today about a meet at Grado Labs.
He is going to think about it.John coaches for his kids and has
to check when they have games.Grados listening room is small ,he asked how many members are coming. I told him about 10.I will need a headcount as to who will come. I Will call him back monday to see if and when John wants to do this or we will go with nyc heads meet.Let me know what you guys think about this.
bozebuttons

Users who are viewing this thread

Back