New Years Resolution!
Jan 7, 2011 at 7:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Landis

Headphoneus Supremus
What's your resolution this year?

I'm going to stop slacking off on taking my daily vitamins and lose a little weight... Maybe quit smoking, but I'm not exactly excited about that one, so it's an unofficial resolution, so don't quote me on that. Also, I suppose I should save a little more money this year (something we can all hope to do).

Jan 7, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 11
I google something of this nature and these were the results:

1. Just for today, I will not sit in my living room all day in my nightdress. Instead, I will move my computer into the bedroom. 

2. I will no longer waste my time relieving the past, instead I will spend it worrying about the future. 

3. I will not bore my boss by with the same excuse for taking leaves. I will think of some more excuses. 

4. I will do less laundry and use more deodorant. 

5. I will avoid taking a bath whenever possible and conserve more water. 

6. Assure my lawyer that I will never again show up drunk at a custody hearing. 

7. I will give up chocolates totally. 100%. Completely. Honestly.... 

8. I will try to figure out why I *really* need nine e-mail addresses. 

9. I will stop sending e-mails to my wife (husband).

10. I resolve to work with neglected children -- my own. 

11. I will stop sending e-mail, ICQ, Instant Messages and be on the phone at the same time with the same person. 

12. I will spend less than one hour a day on the Internet. This, of course, will be hard to estimate since I'm not a clock watcher. 

13. I will read the manual... just as soon as I can find it.

14. I will think of a password other than "password." 

15. I will not tell the same story at every get together. 

16. I won't worry so much. 

17. I will cut my hair. 

18. I will grow my hair. 

19. I will stop considering other people's feelings when they so obviously don't consider mine - if that unwashed fellow sits next to me again, I'll tell him he stinks! 

20. I will be more imaginative. 

21. I will not hang around girls - they think you love them and that sucks. 

22. I will not ring the stewardess button on airplanes just to get her phone number. 

Jan 8, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #4 of 11

Quote:
I quit drinking caffeinated beverages after 3pm so that I can go to bed earlier. When you set the bar that low it feels good when you accomplish things.

Tell me about it! My resolution last year was to stop destroying planets with my mind, needless to say it feels great being able to stop doing that when I hadn't even done that in the first place! Nice to know all those aliens out there are safe and sound on their little alien planets drinking their alien cocoa out of their alien mugs.

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:38 PM Post #5 of 11
Nice!

I don't really have a New Years Resolution all though I do wanna be more productive.

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:17 AM Post #6 of 11
buy a pair of dt770/80s, buy a pair of k701s, buy a niceish amp

Jan 11, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #10 of 11
Lots of stuff this year:

Pass the CPA exam
Get the Extra class amateur radio license and GROL (with marine endorsements)
Dump my securities and buy more real property
Finish my audio projects
Drop the last 20 lbs. to get really lean (still 100 lbs. less than I was three years ago)
Visit another foreign country or two or three
Get my Spanish back up to snuff
Spend more time on my motorcycle and improve my skills further

I think I have a fair chance of accomplishing these. The weight won't be a problem - I reined in a few excesses in November and should drop another 20 within 6-8 weeks. The CPA exam is a priority and I should have the business and regulation sections (50%) knocked off without too much trouble. The rest should fit together reasonably well - I'll finish my audio projects quickly when I have the workshop done in a few months.

Spanish should be easy. If I end up permanently in Arizona, I can cross the border a couple times a week and work on conversation. The goal is to get fluent enough to travel in Spanish-speaking countries and read Spanish literature.

Jan 11, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #11 of 11
I'm going with:

pass MPRE, be ready for the MBE and CA's essay portion
start B-school apps and take the GMAT
get 2 summer internships
maybe by some amazing luck, get one of the clinic positions at the US Attorney's office.
oh, and start morning runs again, not electrocute myself with an amp
and not break my wrists learning tricks with the skiboards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back