New Xin Amps available
Oct 17, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #106 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
OK, still zero word from Xin that they even have my order. This is a little scary. I have sent $350 by paypal to this company and right now they do not return emails, or reply to posts on their website. I am sort of freaking out. Can you guys who have bought from them before chime in (again) -- is this typical? Should I really not be worried?

I know that Xin is probably a very small company, but still, I have never experienced anything like this before -- ZERO reply.

Hehe, I know exactly how you feel know. It's difficult to get in touch with Xin because he seems to be pretty busy. I was worried myself, not only because of the money but it's on the other side of the Atlantic for me, too. It may take it's time until you get your amp, but I assure you, you will get it - and everything will work out fine
smily_headphones1.gif
He sometimes even adds some little gifts to the orders - like a pair of OpAmps and he was _very_ helpfull with regard to import duties (result: I haven't payed any import duties *g*). Relax and look forward to a tank-like amp with a schweet sound *g*

EDIT: I forgot to ask, how long it's been since you e-mailed Xin? IIRC the shopping cart system should at least give you a confirmation on your order.

Congrats on your purchase,
Marcus

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:08 PM Post #107 of 157
I ordered Supermini3 on 10/9 and I got an automated receipt / reply. At the bottom it stated, "You'll receive an email notification once your order is shipped."

Based on his schedules, I have about 1 more week of waiting before my unit is shipped to me.

Let's hope we don't have to cross my fingers...and he will deliver.

Good luck...

Quote:

OK, still zero word from Xin that they even have my order. This is a little scary. I have sent $350 by paypal to this company and right now they do not return emails, or reply to posts on their website. I am sort of freaking out. Can you guys who have bought from them before chime in (again) -- is this typical? Should I really not be worried?

I know that Xin is probably a very small company, but still, I have never experienced anything like this before -- ZERO reply.

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:14 PM Post #108 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by SK138
I ordered Supermini3 on 10/9 and I got an automated receipt / reply. At the bottom it stated, "You'll receive an email notification once your order is shipped."

Based on his schedules, I have about 1 more week of waiting before my unit is shipped to me.

Good luck...

Rest assured, he will ship it! I just looked through my older e-mail and he actually sent me a "shipment" e-mail (together with tracking id because I asked him to).
No need to worry - just look at how many other people are enjoying their Xin amps, everyone got his or her unit through Xin obviously
smily_headphones1.gif

Marcus

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:27 PM Post #109 of 157
Quote:

Good luck...

Me too on 10/9, 10:41A.M. I wonder who'll be the first to get this amp in their hands.

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:55 PM Post #110 of 157
Quote:

Good luck...

See, I got no automated reply even (just my payPal receipt). Nothing. That's why I am a little stressed, because my money did get sent. But I will maintain hope, thanks guys.

Oct 17, 2005 at 6:55 PM Post #111 of 157
Quote:

See, I got no automated reply even (just my payPal receipt). Nothing. That's why I am a little stressed, because my money did get sent. But I will maintain hope, thanks guys.

I paid by credit card so maybe that generated it's own reply.

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #112 of 157
I have bought many things from Xin and whilst I know that the long silences can be disconcerting-especially with a new product launch-I can assure you that you have absolutely nothing to worry about. You will get what you ordered, even if you have to wait for a while, and his backup service is unbeatable. I have damaged 2 amps, entirely through my own fault (I dropped and broke the volume knob with one, and with the other I broke some wires while rolling opamps) and even though I insisted on paying he refused to take my money.
At the moment he is probably sitting with hundreds if not thousands of orders and he is essentially a one man bussiness- so just wait for the dust to settle.

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:48 PM Post #113 of 157
Cool, will do. Will try to fight my generally impatient nature
orphsmile.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #114 of 157
I'm going to order super-mini 3,which opamp should I get if I want more treble and clarity? I will be using ipod/pocketdock and um2. Also, how bright is Go-vibe compared to mini with bright opamps?

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:53 PM Post #115 of 157
I'm waiting on an SM3, god I'm impatient too!

I'm getting a V3 cos I couldn't wait the extra weeks to get a new one from Xin! Hopefully it'll come this week.
580smile.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 7:57 PM Post #116 of 157
Quote:

Good luck...

I also ordered on 10/9 (1 week ago) with PayPal, but the money wasn't withdrawn by Xin until like 5 days later. Hopefully that means that he either started the amp or shipped it? I'm sure he's been working like crazy with the sheer number of orders I bet he's swamped with.

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:16 PM Post #117 of 157
Wow!

I just send Xin an email and he replied in a matter of minutes!

Send in your order enquiries now.

Oct 17, 2005 at 8:18 PM Post #118 of 157
Well, just an update, I did receive an email from Xin a few minutes ago, saying that he got my order, so all is totally well. Now I can relax, and get psyched!

Oct 18, 2005 at 12:54 AM Post #119 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by tayano
I'm going to order super-mini 3,which opamp should I get if I want more treble and clarity? I will be using ipod/pocketdock and um2. Also, how bright is Go-vibe compared to mini with bright opamps?

I would try the stock 8397 first since I've been hearing really good things about it. After that I guess you could ask Xin if you need brighter sound. BTW brighter does not equal clarity. You could the older Supermicro if you want bright because that is one bright amp. I liked it a lot when I first got it and even prefered it to my ZeroAudiocraft Dual CMOY, but I tired of it quickly and now pretty much use my Dual CMOY exclusively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back