New Xin Amps available
Dec 1, 2005 at 7:13 PM Post #136 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab
I also am not getting a new iPod until there is an 80 or 100 GB version. ESPECIALLY since I have the Red WInbe Audio mod, and he's not going to mod 5G's he's said...

So you would lose the mod to have an 80 or 100GB? The jump to bigger iPods for me is to have everything on one iPod and to carry only one iPod and I assume for you too. If true that would rule out you still using the Red Wine 60GB as your primary player - right?

The rumor was that the 80 might come out before Christmas but I really doubt it at this point. They might do it in January to boost sales during the post Christmas lull, if people even care for 80GB (I suspect not many people will - just us lossless guys and people with massive libraries). I've only had my 60GB since summer so I can wait a little before giving Apple another $400.

choices...choices...

Dec 1, 2005 at 7:41 PM Post #137 of 157
Quote:

So you would lose the mod to have an 80 or 100GB?

I would live without the mod for an iPod with a larger HD, yes. I would use the modded 60GB at home, and use the unmodded larger one for traveling.

Of course I'd love it if Vinne at RWA can figure out a way to mod the bigger ones (assuming we ever get one).

I will never get my whole library one one iPod. It's 135 GB now, and grows all the time
rs1smile.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:13 PM Post #138 of 157
Just got the supermini-3. Long story short, it makes everything I have sound good. I don't have any regret going from a non-portable amp to portable. I'm now using it to power my AKG K501,with gain setting at 5, the volume can go well beyond what my ears can stand, wthout any distortion, and did I mention it sounds great?
k1000smile.gif

(just realized that headfi doesn't have a smile for K501, how disrespectful!
mad.gif
)

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:21 PM Post #139 of 157
XIN's amps are really good, aren't they?

Dec 19, 2005 at 8:27 PM Post #140 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugano-san
XIN's amps are really good, aren't they?

Yeah, they really are. I continue to be very happy with my Supermacro 3 V6. Just a heck of a great little amp.

Dec 19, 2005 at 9:56 PM Post #141 of 157
The jumpers are indeed very small but I managed to use my fingers to operate them.

I did not hear any hiss at all using ER-4p, with the impedence switch off. Comparing it to the fully-equipped pimeta I used to own, I think supermini outperforms the meta by a considerable margin: quieter background, more realistic soundstage, more detail, and it's just so smooth....

One more comment: This is THE AMP for ER-4p/s!

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:07 PM Post #142 of 157
Anyone order the Solid Tube opamp with their new Xin? I ordered my supermini at the end of November so its still a few weeks away
frown.gif

I added a Solid Tube, should be interesting to see how it sounds.

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:13 PM Post #143 of 157
I think no one has received the solid-tube yet, since right now Xin is still processing orders from early November. The waiting is indeed very painful, that's why I bought another one used... My wife thinks I'm nuts for buying two identical plastic boxes,
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:38 PM Post #146 of 157
It seems there's no way for me to receive my Mini-III before Christmas
confused.gif
The Mini-III has a gain switch of 3/8DB, not as the 5/10DB in Mini-3.

The III stands for three-channels. It's mentioned by Xin that some people feel confused about the Mini-3 and Mini V3, which is the major reason for the change.

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:50 PM Post #148 of 157
Now all we need is for someone with both an SM3 V6 and a Hornet to do some comparisons.

Dec 19, 2005 at 10:54 PM Post #150 of 157
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRBJackson
Now all we need is for someone with both an SM3 V6 and a Hornet to do some comparisons.

I'll do it if someone will lend me a Hornet for a few days
orphsmile.gif

Actually, I am the wrong person to do it. I really don't like to listen to headphones without an amp that has crossfeed, so I'm not sure how I could compare the Hornet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back