new VST crossfeed .dll
Jun 28, 2006 at 6:54 PM Post #4 of 6
So any hints about how to make this crossfeeder work with an 0404? Seems like it would be best placed into a Patchmix profile so that it works with all sound, music, DVDs, etc.

Kensai

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 6
Le bump but relevant bump. This crossfeed is an oldie but definitely a goodie. It needs some slight tweaking but once done, it sounds great and is the best crossfeed I've used for the PC.

For those with Foobar2000 (works with Winamp as well but these instructions are for Foobar2000 + I'm more familiar with / use Foobar2000):

It is the best crossfeed for PC I've used and I've used a lot of crossfeed plugins for Foobar2000 and this is easily the best one:

Basically you need the VST Wrapper plugin first:

http://pelit.koillismaa.fi/plugins/show.php?id=213

Download, extract and place in the 'components' folder of your Foobar2000 directory

Do the same (in bold) for the plugin that does the magic (needs the VST wrapper to work):

http://refinedaudiometrics.com/products-hdphx.shtml

Go into Foobar2000 preferences --> Playback --> DSP Manager and place the VST Wrapper above the crossfeed like this:

crossfeed.png

Clicking on crossfeed and clicking 'configure selected' =

Shelf Cutoff - Which frequency the crossfeed starts taking effect.

Shelf Gain - How much gain (see lowering volume) it does. For quite 'in your face' headphones like Grados, a lower shelf gain (see lower negative like golf) might be better. The lower the shelf gain, the more emphasis the bass below what is specified in the Shelf Cutoff will be.

Mixer level = How much of the signal from the right side gets transfered to the left and vice versa i.e. the amount of effect.

My settings are as follows:

Shelf Cutoff: 500Hz
Shelf Gain: -7dB
Mixer Level: 31%

That added emphasis of bass helps balance out my DT880/600 pretty well indeed.

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:25 AM Post #6 of 6
Thanks for bringing this up. I do like the original mentioned vst crossfeed here, the one you instructed to configure is yet another one, and somehow how much I tweak it, I don't like the result with both of them cascading so I'm using the original vst only. My impression is it introduce a very very light crossfeed effect without introducing much distortion at all, which is what I have come to dislike every other crossfeed dsp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back