New version of HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (external PSU) with AMP!
May 30, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #31 of 41
Asked through the contact form. Here's the full reply:

[The output impedance of the headphone amp is around 0.1ohm. The direct es9023 output is much higher. Still, the direct output from the es9023 chip does sound very good with many headphones.
The headphone amp output is 2Vrms, down to 16 ohm.

i see

thanks

they should include this information on the product's page...

Oct 24, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #33 of 41
Hello everyone,

after a long time I recently updated my headphones from the Bose IE2 to Sennheiser HD650. Well the I think I'm going to update to a Schiit Modi/Valhalla2 stack. I'm not the guy for high volumes, so i'm listening to the HD650 on around 60-70% and they sound good, but I miss the last punch like I had with my IE2s. Beside that it is a nice little DAC/Amp!

Ragards,

Scie

Edit: changed Magni to Modi

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #34 of 41

I have measured the cinch outputs from the UAE23+ with a Focusrite 2i2. The high d2 and d3 come from the focusrite. You can see some gargabe above 20 kHz, otherwise very clean. Excellent jitter performance at 48 kHz. 
My UAE23+ is the adaptive USB version. The power supply is the cheap one for 3.99.
And here are the RMAA results:

Mar 1, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #35 of 41
hey numbercube,

Can you link to the psu that you purchased for $3.99?

I should have one of these puppies inbound as a birthday present, but did not realize they were shipping from HK.  Thought I would pick up the PSU later but don't really want to wait a month for the next shipment.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #36 of 41
Hello everyone, I was wondering if I could I use it solely as a dac for another amp? I found a great deal, but am a bit worried that the signal will end up going through 2 amps, getting distorted or something (total newbie here).

Mar 22, 2015 at 11:05 PM Post #37 of 41
it has pre-amp outputs, but also a built-in amp.

Mine took like 6 weeks to ship (should be arriving tomorrow).

I think it might have had something to do with the tools running the west coast ports, but anyway... If I had to go back and do it again I woulda just ordered the entry level schiit DAC.

I will check back in and report on the amp.  It might be nice to have the option for low impedance headphones.

Aug 25, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #38 of 41
Can i plug in a 2.1 Surround System? Planning to get this for the Swan M10. Would it be also possible to use this DAC/AMP, plugging both the speakers and headphones (Custom One Pro) at the same time, then just select the output on Windows (10)?

Apr 2, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #40 of 41
When running some frequency ladders it starts getting a weird periodic clicking sound, no idea what the cause is because when you reset it those clicks briefly disappear. However, my 10K doesn't get them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back