New VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited
Jan 28, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #33 of 45
Ahhh, they look nice! :)

Anyone else having issues with the Vantam when using it with iOS devices?
I'm using kaisertone on my iPhone 7 Plus with the Vantam and sometimes during playback I get random clicks / pops / interruptions.

Jan 28, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #34 of 45
  Ahhh, they look nice! :)

Anyone else having issues with the Vantam when using it with iOS devices?
I'm using kaisertone on my iPhone 7 Plus with the Vantam and sometimes during playback I get random clicks / pops / interruptions.

This is not Vantam, this is your iphone is getting emails, messages, notifications etc.,
It happens with my Pioneer DAP on Android as well but I have a Stand Alone mode which disables wifi and all other services.

Jan 29, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #35 of 45
In Tokyo now... was overwhelmed by the choice in Yodobashi camera ... currently using a Vantam (standard SDV-A13) with upgraded opa627BM and was looking Forbes something better that wouldn't heat up after 15 minutes of play... using Westone UMPro-50 with pure silver cable and can't seem to find a better sound ... even playing straight out of the iPhone 6plus sounds good... any suggestions anyone? Tried the Chord mojo but again not much difference during my 10 min auditioning...

Jan 29, 2017 at 11:51 AM Post #36 of 45
In Tokyo now... was overwhelmed by the choice in Yodobashi camera ... currently using a Vantam (standard SDV-A13) with upgraded opa627BM and was looking Forbes something better that wouldn't heat up after 15 minutes of play... using Westone UMPro-50 with pure silver cable and can't seem to find a better sound ... even playing straight out of the iPhone 6plus sounds good... any suggestions anyone? Tried the Chord mojo but again not much difference during my 10 min auditioning...

Only 3 types of  Limited Vantam (Classic/Jazz Master, Piano White) are better than standard Vantam  
wink.gif

I had just standard one in the past and tried to find something among different DAPs (icluding Soundroid VALOQ) to replace it and I ended up with buying one of the Limited. This is not my on-the-go source but I use it for more serious listening in the office at work.
The only thing we have to keep in mind that Vatnam is 80 mW only so it will not play  perfectly with any IEM.  I usually use 1-2 BA with it. 

Jan 30, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #37 of 45

Only read about them, but Cozoy Rei and the Opus#11 (Opus DAP is really good) maybe if you're looking for something that runs less hot, obviously not as fully featured though. Yodobashi is awesome!

Feb 5, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #38 of 45
Only read about them, but Cozoy Rei and the Opus#11 (Opus DAP is really good) maybe if you're looking for something that runs less hot, obviously not as fully featured though. Yodobashi is awesome!

What about E18 KL from FiiO. Its cheap but has great reviews.
The Cozoy Rei looks great but from the other reviews I've seen of some of their other products it looks like build quality was a concern in the past, and the price tag on the Rei is high considering that risk.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:06 AM Post #41 of 45
Hello, I don't know if you still use this but why did you chose classic over jazz? And why will you not use it with other than 1 or 2 BA? Is it not powerful enough?
Thank you

Well, Classic was the first I found new at a reasonable price that time (75000 yen).)) That was the only reason. And yes, I still use and love this device.
Re IEM, it has 80 mW per channel only so you have to choose the right pair. Usually 1-2 BA are easier to drive but multidriver BA could be also possible, will depend on particular model and it sensitivity.

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:26 AM Post #42 of 45
T
Well, Classic was the first I found new at a reasonable price that time (75000 yen).)) That was the only reason. And yes, I still use and love this device.
Re IEM, it has 80 mW per channel only so you have to choose the right pair. Usually 1-2 BA are easier to drive but multidriver BA could be also possible, will depend on particular model and it sensitivity.
Thanks man very useful

Dec 30, 2017 at 4:28 AM Post #43 of 45
T
Thanks man very useful. But when you think of it, 80mw at 32 is ok, the WM1Z balanced is 250 at 16.

Last edited:
May 2, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #44 of 45
I know its an old thread but I know there are some of VC fan out there who would have loved to purchase the limited edition Vantam but didnt do so due to high price tag. Lately their limited edition product, at least the one they still have stock are going on sale at half its original price tag. I just grabbed the jazz limited for half of its original price plus some free silicon bands. Down side is you have toy use a proxy if you live overseas.

It is an old product but can sound get old?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back