New V-Moda Headphones Look Hot!!
Oct 27, 2006 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Tenchi211

100+ Head-Fier
These babies look really hot! If they sound as good as they look, I will be getting a pair!
lambda.gif

http://www.v-moda.com/collection/modaphones/vibe.aspx

Oct 27, 2006 at 9:59 PM Post #5 of 31
They sure do look nice - actually I used a pair of their Bass Freq's while my treasured UE's were away on RMA and for a while I really liked them - nice sound and definatly a step above others within that price range and decent bass even if at times it was'nt that accurate, but I rapidly fell out with them when the cable failed just above the plug and its more or less the same plug cable unit I see used here - not very impressive because they didn't even last 3 weeks, but then thankfully Jeanette at UE saved the day with a little packet I couldn't open fast enough and the Freq's went in the proverbial bin.
plainface.gif

I don't know how many or if even any headphone manufacturers frequent this forum but if you do then you all need to read this - WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO STOP FITTING HIGH QUALITY HEADPHONES AND ESPECIALLY QUITE COSTLY BY COMPARISON WITH THEIR SIZE EARPHONES AND IEM'S WITH CABLES THAT FAIL SO QUICKLY, SOMETIMES WITHIN MONTHS OF PURCHASE OR WORSE STILL JUST OUTSIDE THEIR GUARENTEE PERIOD.

Sorry about the capitals but it is a feature that I detest and in this day and age there is no reason for it. The funny thing is that when I went ahead and bought my UE's the user replaceable cable wasn't a deciding feature and, even though my original cable is well over 9 months old now, it shows no sign of even being likely to fail. Going even beyond that - the new 2.0 series cable that UE supplied me is so robust its failure seems totally unthinkable. If UE can do it then why in hells name can't others, or do they all think we as users are just gullible idiots who only need to be persuaded to spend money on shoddy products.

Oct 27, 2006 at 11:41 PM Post #6 of 31
Though I'm a newbie here, I can vouch for Mr Kolton's commitment to treating his customers right. Over on iPodLounge there were numerous reports of extraordinary customer service responses to the most minor glitches when the older models were first launched - tiny delays, that kind of thing.

If the Vibe is as good a headphone as V-Moda is a company, then we're in for a treat.

Oct 28, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #7 of 31
Yeah, the Vibe does look very sweet... can't wait to see it in person! Will there be a retailer for the Canadian market that I can get/see/touch the Vibe?

I think the straight plug will be fine for many/most users... I did fine with my AT clip-ons which had the plug like that, and many current headphones on the market has their plugs like that too...

Oct 28, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by roastpuff
I think the straight plug will be fine for many/most users... I did fine with my AT clip-ons which had the plug like that, and many current headphones on the market has their plugs like that too...

Definitely, but for some portables (like my iAudio X5), a solid straight plug isn't very friendly.

I find at least flexible (if not angled) plugs superior to rigid plugs for portable use.

FR curve does look promising. I hope their sound signature delivers.

Oct 28, 2006 at 3:46 AM Post #10 of 31
Gotta hand it to V-Moda, if these things are in the spirit of the bass freq, with FR graph, it has the potential to be hawesome.
biggrin.gif

The bass freqs are the only inexpensive IEMs I can stomach after Sensas.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #11 of 31
No matter how sexy they look if they sound like crap they are not worth having. I hope they sound good.

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:10 AM Post #12 of 31
They look like a drill chuck to me....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

keyless.jpg

Oct 28, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #14 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
They look like a drill chuck to me....
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

keyless.jpg

LOL!!
I was thinking a volume knob for a small amp.

those do look nice IMHO.

Oct 28, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
LOL!!
I was thinking a volume knob for a small amp.

those do look nice IMHO.

I was thinking a chrome Valve Stem cover for a tire. hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back