Free U.S. Ground Shipping

Ultrasone-Jubilee-25-Edition--front.jpg

Ultrasone-Jubilee-25-Edition--angle.jpg

Ultrasone-Jubilee-25-Edition--side.jpg

Ultrasone-Jubilee-25-Edition--straight.jpg

Ultrasone Edition 8 EX Headphones

Free U.S. Ground Shipping

$5,999.99 Ultrasone Jubilee 25 Edition Headphones

The Jubilee 25 Edition Headphone is the new Ultrasone new Limited Edition headphone.

These closed-back deluxe headphones have reduced emissions using the ULE standard (Ultra Low Emission) and S-Logic EX technology.

What's in the Edition 8 EX box?

1. High-quality aluminium case
  2. Micro fiber cleaning cloth
  3. Detachable premium 4-core 3m premium cable, with LEMO connectors
  4. Gold-plated 3.5 mm jack
  5. Screw-on 6.3mm adapter

Only 250 Made

1. To commemorate the ULTRASONE 25th anniversary, only 250 limited edition headphones were made.
  2. Hand-crafted in Germany, the high-gloss ear cups are made of Makassar ebony and finished with piano lacquer. The finely-crafted decorative inlay is of high-gloss polished 925 sterling silver.
  3. An engraved logo adorns the matt chrome housing.
  4. The ear cushions and the pad of the solid aluminium headband are made of finest dark grey leather from Ethiopian long-haired sheep.
  5. The supplied premium case provides protection when storing and safe transportation.

Specifications

1. Principle: dynamic, closed
    S-Logic® EX technology
    ULE technology
    Impedance: 32 Ohm
    Driver/Driver size: Mylar/Titan, 40mm
    Magnet: NdFeB
    Frequency range:5 - 46,000 Hz
    SPL:96 dB
    Weight (excl. cord): 314g

Thank You.

Drew Baird
Moon Audio

Last edited:
Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Nov 17, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3 of 37
Wow Ultrasone is getting more and more brazen with their shameless piggery.  This just appears to be a redressed Edition 5 with new connectors and earcup materials, which by the way the original "limited" Edition 5 (limited to 555 units) is still available online so they haven't even managed to sell all of those.  And for them to think that they can now sell these for $6k is hard to understand.

That said, those earcups look stunning.  I think the Edition 5 line is the best looking heaphone on the market.  Also, they should've implemented these connectors on the prior Edition 5s instead of those flimsy mmcx connectors which were a major problem.

Jan 26, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 37
  Wow Ultrasone is getting more and more brazen with their shameless piggery.  This just appears to be a redressed Edition 5 with new connectors and earcup materials, which by the way the original "limited" Edition 5 (limited to 555 units) is still available online so they haven't even managed to sell all of those.  And for them to think that they can now sell these for $6k is hard to understand.

That said, those earcups look stunning.  I think the Edition 5 line is the best looking heaphone on the market.  Also, they should've implemented these connectors on the prior Edition 5s instead of those flimsy mmcx connectors which were a major problem.

Agree, I sold my ED5 mostly because of false contacts with those stupid MMCX connectors...

Jan 26, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #5 of 37

yep they are doubling up instead of changing their failing model. I would be surprised if this company still exists in a few years.

Jan 26, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #6 of 37
I would be considered an Ultrasone fanboy, but this really makes me lose faith in them. Really can't imagine anyone dropping $6k on these. Agree that their future is looking bleak. I like my Edition 5 but those mmcx connectors are such a problem and frankly I prefer my TH900 over them for half the price.

Feb 15, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #7 of 37
I would be considered an Ultrasone fanboy, but this really makes me lose faith in them. Really can't imagine anyone dropping $6k on these. Agree that their future is looking bleak. I like my Edition 5 but those mmcx connectors are such a problem and frankly I prefer my TH900 over them for half the price.

And the Edition 8 which was made for little kids. Because a normal sized head can't comfortably fit inside a pair. 

Sep 24, 2017 at 5:22 PM Post #8 of 37
I just received a Jubilee 25 from a retailer. It was factory sealed and looked clearly brand new. However, the serial number is 11 out of 250. So I’m wondering if this can be a factory refurbished one.
But even more striking surprise was how good it sounds right out of the box. I own many Ultrasone HPs, and all of them required lengthy burn in period before they sound good without overly harsh treble. But this Jubilee 25 does not have even subtlest hint of harshness in the treble department. Don’t get me wrong, they are certainly bright sounding headphones. But the treble gets aggressive right before becoming harsh or sibilant.
Considering with the very young serial number, again this one could be a refurbished one. But I really like it. It’s such a treat that there is no need for burning in...

Oct 1, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #9 of 37
Here is the frequency response plot came with my Jubilee25, Serial Number 011.
I would very much appreciate if other owners share theirs as well.
Thanks.
9935359_l.jpg

Oct 1, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #11 of 37
yep they are doubling up instead of changing their failing model. I would be surprised if this company still exists in a few years.

I like their mid models, they are my favorite sound signature and haven't found bass that compares, very strong and articulate... I really like the imaging, forceful bass and crisp treble. They do V shape just right IMO and work amazing for EDM. I have Pro 900 and Perf 880 and really enjoy both. But I think they tapped the mid tier with their pro and performance lines.

They have tapped cheaper end with their go model and some of the Hifi series. They tried some IEM's. I guess the only place to try to keep upping ultra high end for them with limited edition runs and premium materials...

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #12 of 37
Oct 2, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #14 of 37
Have you tried the lower models? Pro series, or performance series? I wonder how much improved these $6,000 Ultrasones actually are above those (WAY) cheaper models.

They all have the 40mm titanium drivers...
I own Edition 5 Unlimited, Edition 10, and Tribute 7. They all use 40mm Titanium plated drivers yet sound quite different from each other. I have not tried Pro or Performance series, so I cannot say any difference in sound quality. But at least to my ears, Jubilee 25 is the best among them. I agree that the price is ridiculous.

Oct 2, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #15 of 37
I own Edition 5 Unlimited, Edition 10, and Tribute 7. They all use 40mm Titanium plated drivers yet sound quite different from each other. I have not tried Pro or Performance series, so I cannot say any difference in sound quality. But at least to my ears, Jubilee 25 is the best among them. I agree that the price is ridiculous.
I just received a Jubilee 25 from a retailer. It was factory sealed and looked clearly brand new. However, the serial number is 11 out of 250. So I’m wondering if this can be a factory refurbished one.
But even more striking surprise was how good it sounds right out of the box. I own many Ultrasone HPs, and all of them required lengthy burn in period before they sound good without overly harsh treble. But this Jubilee 25 does not have even subtlest hint of harshness in the treble department. Don’t get me wrong, they are certainly bright sounding headphones. But the treble gets aggressive right before becoming harsh or sibilant.
Considering with the very young serial number, again this one could be a refurbished one. But I really like it. It’s such a treat that there is no need for burning in...

Congratulations. I envy you. I consider myself crazy for owning both the Edition 5 Unlimited and Tribute 7, but these are way beyond what I'm willing to pay for any hp. I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only person on head-fi to have bought them.

They just look like Edition 5 with different earcups and connectors, so I guess it's redeeming that they actually do sound different according to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back