New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2
Mar 15, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #677 of 970
i only use 1-2hrs per day and not everyday. so i dun bother the heat.
I meant wrt the safe operating temperature of the amplifier in case anthing might blow.

Mar 18, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #679 of 970
Liking the change on the preamp tubes to Gold Lion..everthing seems more spacious 3D now/tighter dynamic low-end...guess more improvements come with burn-in.
Have to decide on the Gold Lion or EL84-T-MII/2 Psvane Reference MarkII T-series Amp Tubes now.
Hopefully I can just keep this tube amp long-term now vs constant testing new stuff in the chain...frazzled with synergy issues.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #680 of 970
Liking the change on the preamp tubes to Gold Lion..everthing seems more spacious 3D now/tighter dynamic low-end...guess more improvements come with burn-in.
Have to decide on the Gold Lion or EL84-T-MII/2 Psvane Reference MarkII T-series Amp Tubes now.
Hopefully I can just keep this tube amp long-term now vs constant testing new stuff in the chain...frazzled with synergy issues.
what tube amp u going to use with Psvane Reference MarkII T-series??

Mar 18, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #681 of 970
Mar 19, 2021 at 6:51 PM Post #683 of 970
Anyone know if my hp is 32ohm i use 151-300ohm will it spoil my hp?
No. You have nothing to worry about.
Worse case scenario, your bass or treble frequencies won't sound as good as when plugged to the "right" impedance :)

Mar 22, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #684 of 970
Got my 2 sets of PSVanes..OOTB everything sounds tighter,wider and more extended at each end vs stock amp tube and Gold Lion. Will be keeping the amp section as PSVane and just A|B the pre-amp psvane vs Gold Lion to see which I prefer...PSVane just seems 'cleaner/veil removed' are initial impressions and I know they burn-in and change first 100 hours etc...can sound a bit nasally at first...new to tube rolling but great option to roll vs having to move on an entire amp because of dislike in one area of the presentation. Warm, sluggish and wooly these tubes are not.

Mar 27, 2021 at 4:47 PM Post #687 of 970
Hi there folks-
I am so glad to find this thread on head-fi! Been away for a while from the forums and was delighted to find all the valuable info on the Mk2 right here.

Not sure if you all experienced the same issue as I did? I couldn't find a lot of information and reviews on the mk2 with Google search. As an avid tube freak, I want to learn as much as I can about sound signatures and tube rolling with this amp.

I ordered mine a few days back through AliExpress and should have it in a few days. Would be more than happy to share my impressions after burn-in and some decent listening time.

I am fortunate to have several 12au7 and 12au7a NOS tubes (RCA, Mullards, GE, GE Hammonds, etc) burned in with my Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP Integ tube Amp. I will roll those in after trying the stock tubes for a few days.

I plan on using the Senheisser HD700s and AKG K701 (62ohms) for the cans.

And for those that are hesitating to buy this amp, trust me when I say that barring no manufacturing issues/defects, this is by far the best value for money I could find. And as a designer, I can say that I am absolutely in love with the design, finish, and the considerate touch of giving us a window to see the tubes while protecting our fingers from burn 🔥

Once again, thanks for all the great info guys.

Mar 28, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #688 of 970
And for a totally unrelated topic :k701smile:

Check out my own invention for VU meters mk i :joy:

16169166912938964018767901661863.jpg

Mar 29, 2021 at 1:51 PM Post #689 of 970
Does anyone know how the two 6.3" outputs give that different SQ presentation ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back