New tube amp: the Cayin HA-1A MK2
Oct 21, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #571 of 970
Cayin int he house.
IMG_20201022_000231.jpg

Oct 24, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #573 of 970
I just received my used ha1a i do have some ringing sound or watever it is when off /on other then that is working perfectly ok with my iems/hp. Now looking at rca clear top ecc82.

Cayin int he house.

Glad you like our HA-1AMk2. The ringing sound is normal if it only last a short while after power on/off or when the amplifier suffers shock and vibration (e.g., knock on the table), this is microphonic effect due to temperature change and minor vibration of tube filament (from shock).

You used the line out of N3Pro as source to the HA-1AMK2?

The HA-1AMK2 is a fairly powerful tube amplifier, and tube is known for background noise when paired with very sensitive headphones. I have customers trying to use IEM with HA-1AMK2 but didn't really work out very well. Wander what IEM have your tried with HA-1Amk2? Black background? Hiss free?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 24, 2020 at 5:29 AM Post #574 of 970
Glad you like our HA-1AMk2. The ringing sound is normal if it only last a short while after power on/off or when the amplifier suffers shock and vibration (e.g., knock on the table), this is microphonic effect due to temperature change and minor vibration of tube filament (from shock).

You used the line out of N3Pro as source to the HA-1AMK2?

The HA-1AMK2 is a fairly powerful tube amplifier, and tube is known for background noise when paired with very sensitive headphones. I have customers trying to use IEM with HA-1AMK2 but didn't really work out very well. Wander what IEM have your tried with HA-1Amk2? Black background? Hiss free?
ya i use LO from n3 why?
I have topping e30 previously but i hear nothing wrong with n3.
My ringing no more heard. i try all my iems no hiss. Maybe my eat got problem. audeze i4, jq huajiang est and this. hp:verum and goldplanar gl850.

Attachments

• IMG_20201024_173533.png
    IMG_20201024_173533.png
    668.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 27, 2020 at 12:46 AM Post #575 of 970
ya i use LO from n3 why?
I have topping e30 previously but i hear nothing wrong with n3.
My ringing no more heard. i try all my iems no hiss. Maybe my eat got problem. audeze i4, jq huajiang est and this. hp:verum and goldplanar gl850.

Nothing wrong with that. You bought the HA-1AMK2 before the N3Pro, so I assume you have a desktop source which should works better then the N3Pro line out, glad you like it for that purpose. which is a bonus.

Your IEM collections are mainly planars and est hybrids? These are all very demanding earphones, not surprised they don't hiss with HA-1AMK2, a nice workaround indeed. :clap::clap::clap:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Nov 6, 2020 at 12:15 PM Post #578 of 970
Hey all you HA-1A MK2 owners: A friendly reminder that this amp has preamp outputs that sound fabulous. In addition to headphone usage, I'm running the Cayin's preamp outputs to a 25 wpc power amp to Harbeth P3ERS speakers in a nearfield setup... and the sound is to-die-for good. I mean, HOLY **** good.

If you have a power amp and speakers (or powered speakers) around, you owe it to yourself to at least try out the Cayin's preamp outputs.

Nov 8, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #581 of 970
Aural Bliss. This amp transforms the Clear into something else. Swapped the EL84 to Mullard and 12AU7 to Brimar (Gold Lions coming in soon).

Chain: RPI-3B+ (MoOde Audio) -> iFi Micro iLink USB to SPDIF -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Coaxial) -> Cayin HA-1A MK-2 -> Forza Audio Noir Hybrid HPC -> Focal Clear

IMG_20201103_220000.jpg

Nov 8, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #582 of 970
Aural Bliss. This amp transforms the Clear into something else. Swapped the EL84 to Mullard and 12AU7 to Brimar (Gold Lions coming in soon).

Chain: RPI-3B+ (MoOde Audio) -> iFi Micro iLink USB to SPDIF -> Schiit Bifrost Multibit (Coaxial) -> Cayin HA-1A MK-2 -> Forza Audio Noir Hybrid HPC -> Focal Clear

IMG_20201103_220000.jpg
ur el84 is reissue model? is it very big difference compare to electro ?

Nov 11, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #583 of 970
ur el84 is reissue model? is it very big difference compare to electro ?
There is a difference in the gain AFAIK. Have to turn up the volume knob till 11 o'clock position to get the same loudness with the stock tubes at 9 o'clock position. Tonally there's no difference in the two.

Dunno if my tubes are the reissue or not as I got em locally here in India.

Nov 19, 2020 at 12:42 PM Post #584 of 970
i think is very decent enough.

I am thinking about adding a Clear to my collection as well. The more I look, read and listen, the more I think this headphone is the best performance to price deal on the market right now in the high-end headphone tiers. Also, I am curious to know what your thoughts are on the different tube rolls you have tried with the amp and the headphone and what sonic changes you were able to discern :)

Also, as a side note to the group and the IEM lovers specifically, I have to commend the iFi Audio iEmatch product. I have always wanted to use my IEMs on the amp but because they were really sensitive, the hiss was really audible. This thing is able to handle that problem and there is no audible hiss with my IEMs. Even my most sensitive pair, the Solaris from CA, have no audible hiss once I switch to ultra sensitive setting. This little piece cost me just 25$ from the second hand market and I dare say it's one of the best purchases I have made so far.

Nov 19, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #585 of 970
I am thinking about adding a Clear to my collection as well. The more I look, read and listen, the more I think this headphone is the best performance to price deal on the market right now in the high-end headphone tiers. Also, I am curious to know what your thoughts are on the different tube rolls you have tried with the amp and the headphone and what sonic changes you were able to discern :)

Also, as a side note to the group and the IEM lovers specifically, I have to commend the iFi Audio iEmatch product. I have always wanted to use my IEMs on the amp but because they were really sensitive, the hiss was really audible. This thing is able to handle that problem and there is no audible hiss with my IEMs. Even my most sensitive pair, the Solaris from CA, have no audible hiss once I switch to ultra sensitive setting. This little piece cost me just 25$ from the second hand market and I dare say it's one of the best purchases I have made so far.
i notice very small hiss on my dlc iem. But not issue. rest iem doesn't have it. My new dt880 250ohm very nice sound with current sets of tube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back