New!!! TTVJ Portable Amp w/DAC!!!
Jan 11, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #16 of 24
The bass is very good on the rx as is the sound stage. I have heard that the ttvj amp sounds more tube like and has a better mid range presentation than the rx.

Jan 11, 2010 at 4:06 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by leveller1642 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How well will this amp run HD-600s?

It drives the HD600 adequately. It certainly doesn't sound bad, but it definitely sounds thin in comparison to Dodson--->B22--->HD600. I think the TTVJ sounds best with the HD600 on the middle gain setting. Again, it sounds fine, but if the only pairing you intend is with the HD600, then I recommend moar brute force.

Jan 16, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #18 of 24
I wish there was more reviews or info about this amp out there. There haven't been any for sale in the forums unlike all the other portables, so that's got to be a good sign.

Jan 17, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My review should be sufficient.

LOL!
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:10 AM Post #21 of 24
I bought this amp a few weeks ago. For me its the perfect portable, big sound stage, dynamic, excellent user functions. I have been using it with an iPod classic (lossless cd rips) and switching between HD600's / K271mkii's. I like it with the 600's most. But when I need isolation from exterior noise, I use the K271's. It's good to be mobile with excellent sound. Here is a review (not mine) for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.headfonia.com/amplifiers/...st-impression/

Feb 13, 2010 at 1:25 AM Post #22 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish there was more reviews or info about this amp out there. There haven't been any for sale in the forums unlike all the other portables, so that's got to be a good sign.

I will not be selling mine anytime soon
o2smile.gif

Oct 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM Post #24 of 24
I finally heard this amp today and I was impressed. It is a bit warm with slightly lush forward mids. It rocks without being too bright. I love the volume control and LED.

It certainly is thin. The only thing that I didn`t like is the input location, offset and on the back. I hope that these rear inputs are a passing fad. It is not optimal to have cables entering both sides of a portable amp. (Some new amps are avoiding the temptation so there is hope.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back