NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Apr 21, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #527 of 1,275
im confused as to which would sound better for electronic music, the ref 1 too or the plus 5 .... is this the place to ask.?? can anyone try and give some info on it please. :)

Yes, it is the best place to ask. There are a couple of chaps who own both IEMs. Only question is if any one of them listen to electronic music... :wink: Question: what would you consider to be electronic music or perhaps name a few of your favs and maybe we can take it from there. :)

Apr 21, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #528 of 1,275
I really enjoy the Ref. 1 Too + Uber Too cable. The improvements that Gavin made with the Plus 5 in terms of realism, quicker/deeper bass, etc. are tempting. But, the big thing for me is soundstage dimensionality. Does the Plus 5 also have a wider, deeper (taller), more holographic soundstage than the Ref. 1 Too?

Thanks!

Perhaps the other chaps who have both can chip in but what i will say is that the Plus5 has very sharp and unerring imaging.

Apr 21, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #529 of 1,275
Perhaps the other chaps who have both can chip in but what i will say is that the Plus5 has very sharp and unerring imaging.

All i can say is that I told Gavin he cured me of my shopaholics habit. Now I have stop looking at dap, iems or cables after Plus5+Uber...with the AK380cu+Amp cu. I am satisfied after trying a few combo...LPG, Cowon PS, QP1R etc and settled on Plus5 with AK380cu and amp.

That's just me and my taste of course...officially in a withdrawal syndrome now...:grin:

Apr 22, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #531 of 1,275
Apr 23, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #532 of 1,275
  im confused as to which would sound better for electronic music, the ref 1 too or the plus 5 .... is this the place to ask.?? can anyone try and give some info on it please. :)

Have you made a choice yet Toxic between the two?

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:46 AM Post #534 of 1,275

Thought I would share a photo..................
ksc75smile.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 10:52 AM Post #535 of 1,275
Heheh! Nice, Gavin...

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #537 of 1,275

How did you make the tip fly off like that spkrs?

Yank it off with fishing line just as you took the photo or something? 

I had a batch of photos taken professionally by a top photographer here... for some advertising and of course to re do the website...

I hope it was money well spent! It cost a lot, phew..............
confused_face_2.gif

Apr 23, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #538 of 1,275

I had a batch of photos taken professionally by a top photographer here... for some advertising and of course to re do the website...

I hope it was money well spent! It cost a lot, phew..............
confused_face_2.gif

He's done well considering black shells on a black gloss surface, its not easy to do.

I have shot Colorfly C4 on black before. Its rather fiddly to set up in a dusty environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back