NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Feb 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #46 of 1,275
Depending on the price I'll have to order a Plus5 because it will complete my Tralucent IEMs (expect Ref.1 Too). But my gut instinct is Plus5 may venture even higher than Ref.1 in price, I'm not sure just how high is sensible (for me as an individual). But I do know Tralucent is where I want to be, and I'm looking for a 3rd IEM in my collection. Totally makes sense but we will see.
Can't venture too high on a 5 driver BA. At least I hope.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #47 of 1,275
Depending on the price I'll have to order a Plus5 because it will complete my Tralucent IEMs (expect Ref.1 Too). But my gut instinct is Plus5 may venture even higher than Ref.1 in price, I'm not sure just how high is sensible (for me as an individual). But I do know Tralucent is where I want to be, and I'm looking for a 3rd IEM in my collection. Totally makes sense but we will see.

Yup. I understand what you are saying. Hopefully Gavin will be able to set a price soon. And pictures of the production units. :)

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:45 AM Post #48 of 1,275
Feb 14, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #49 of 1,275
Haonan, thanks for dropping by and sharing. Much appreciated. I look forward to catching up in due course! :)

No worries about it Kiats, always my pleasure. :wink: Just thought of dropping by to show my friendly gesture and hopefully build a stronger rapport for a like-minded friend/music lover. And why am I not surprised that we both share some similar tastes in terms of music artistes as well? I'm definitely no stranger to Alan Dawa Dolma. (she's actually better known in lower-case alphabet letters 'alan' among her japanese fandom or just 阿蘭 among her taiwanese fans) One of the more prominent artist signed by Avex Trax Japan, she won and emerged as the winner to Avex Trax's auditions held in China back in 2006, defeating more than 40,000 contestants during the audition contest. Before winning and signing on with Avex Trax Label's contractual deal, from what I was aware she had also won a contest in China known as 9th Asia New Singer Competition and emerged as a second-place winner back in 2005. Definitely a very young talented singer with very solid credentials under her belt and name, Alan Dawa Dolma is very active on her personal Twitter page as well (URL: https://twitter.com/alan725) although she also does maintain a Weibo account that are usually common among China music artistes.

I also listen regularly to Ryuichi Sakamoto ever since my schooling days, and am also quite familiar with Faye Wong's discography as well since my Dad is a huge fan of Faye and owns most of her CD albums discography in our home.
:)

Thank you for sharing those impressions and comparisons there about the Plus-5 running out of the Lotoo Paw Gold, and being compared against Just Audio's AHA-120. I believe this is certainly a true testament to the Paw Gold's driving ability and its fantastic engineering underneath that hood in terms of its analog output stage section. Afterall, since INFOMEDIA the company which produces the Lotoo Paw Gold as well as the Paw 5000 DAP players are generally known as the China-based ODM company responsible also for producing Nagra's professional audio and high-end HiFi product line. Based on Nagra's well-known track records I would expect no less from their engineers considering the degree of technical competence in terms of many Swiss-made products originating from that country. (heh, like who can ever forget about the widely reknowned Swiss watchmaking brand makers such as Rolex and Omega as well as some army knives/kitchenware makers out there such as Victorinox Swiss Army just to mention a couple few)
:xf_eek:

Well let's hope Kiats will be able to provide us with some actual photos as well as a proper peek into this 5-BA driver shell enclosure size in terms of the actual finished commercial model of the Plus-5, once he receives them hehe. ( ˙³˙)

Feb 14, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #51 of 1,275
I can only imagine the price for these :sweat_smile:

The price can be a premium yes, but the performance from my experience speaks for itself with Tralucent.

You can spend up once then for most parts laugh at much of the competition out there. At least 'my experience' with 1Plus2 and Ref.1.

I will say they do need to be setup correctly, source, tips and cables etc..

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #52 of 1,275

The price can be a premium yes, but the performance from my experience speaks for itself with Tralucent.

You can spend up once then for most parts laugh at much of the competition out there. At least 'my experience' with 1Plus2 and Ref.1.

I think Tralucent destroys most competition SQ wise. In terms of build and fit, they are making progress as Ref1 too > Ref1 > 1plus2 v2 > 1plus2 v1. But still, at these prices, I am still expecting more.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #53 of 1,275
  I think Tralucent destroys most competition SQ wise. In terms of build and fit, they are making progress as Ref1 too > Ref1 > 1plus2 v2 > 1plus2 v1. But still, at these prices, I am still expecting more.

I don't treat mine as portable products. More like miniature high-performance racing cars I drive around inside my house occasionally.

And I must agree, there are a few aspects which make me handle them gently.

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #54 of 1,275

I don't treat mine as portable products. More like miniature high-performance racing cars I drive around inside my house occasionally.

And I must agree, there are a few aspects which make me handle them gently.

It be true. Have you ever tried listening to the 1Plus2 and Ref1 Too off a desktop amp? You will be amazed at how well they scale up. Though I would counsel caution - please turn volume off first and very slowly and incrementally turn up the volume. :)

Feb 15, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #55 of 1,275

Well put!

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #56 of 1,275
Well let's hope Kiats will be able to provide us with some actual photos as well as a proper peek into this 5-BA driver shell enclosure size in terms of the actual finished commercial model of the Plus-5, once he receives them hehe. ( ˙³˙)

Thanks for sharing on alan, Haonan.
atsmile.gif

Absolutely! I am myself dying to see them in real life.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:26 AM Post #57 of 1,275
I am told the poor mans Ref1 TOO is the new Oriolus IEM. I certainly welcome the new IEM from Tralucent, 1+2 was always on my wish list but for some reason or another never bought it. 

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:42 AM Post #58 of 1,275
  It be true. Have you ever tried listening to the 1Plus2 and Ref1 Too off a desktop amp? You will be amazed at how well they scale up. Though I would counsel caution - please turn volume off first and very slowly and incrementally turn up the volume. :)

I have not tested my Tralucent hybrids with much desktop gear. Although I set them up with DacAmp One sometimes.

Feb 15, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #59 of 1,275
I have not tested my Tralucent hybrids with much desktop gear. Although I set them up with DacAmp One sometimes.

Heheh! Indeed! But what I can say is that they sound glorious! :) i tried previously with my Bryston BHA-1 and now the Cavalli LAu. :wink:

Feb 15, 2016 at 3:02 AM Post #60 of 1,275
  I am told the poor mans Ref1 TOO is the new Oriolus IEM. I certainly welcome the new IEM from Tralucent, 1+2 was always on my wish list but for some reason or another never bought it.

Let's hope you get to hear the Plus5 in due course. Glorious with the LPG!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back