NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Feb 14, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #31 of 1,275
I was chilling this lazy Sunday afternoon and listening to music off the LPG with the Plus5. I was drifting off listening to Stefanie Sun, a Singapore singer who has made it big in the Mandopop world. Then a random thought occurred to me as I spied my Just Audio AHA120 portable amp. For those of you who may remember, it was on the first Class A portable amps. One of my favourites before the advent of post-iPod DAPs.

I set it up via line out from LPG, via a crystal piccolino cable IC. I set the impedance on the AHA120 to 32 ohm and plugged in the Plus5 and slowly and gently turned up the volume.

I am sitting here with a silly grin on my face: the Plus5 sounds more authoritative, smoother and more expressive. The differential, while not great, from the HO of the LPG is discernible.

Two things are clear: the LPG is a real powerhouse to not be that far behind a dedicated portable amp of the AHA120's pedigree; the Plus5 seems to relish and scale up with more driving power.

Interesting discoveries on a lazy Sunday afternoon...
smily_headphones1.gif

Man you had better be postin dem pics soon or Daddy gon be coming to get them !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 14, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #32 of 1,275
Man you had better be postin dem pics soon or Daddy gon be coming to get them !:veryevil:

Heheh! Indeed! Trust me, Michael, I am just as impatient to get my hands on my very own unit... :yum: Pictures will follow very soon after.

Feb 14, 2016 at 6:20 AM Post #34 of 1,275
Another great work again from Gavin!
I guess more review will coming soon?:popcorn:

By the way, nice and very detail review,Kiats!
Great job!:smile:

Heheh! Thanks, man! Well, it depends on whether I can squeeze something in before it goes to Gavin this coming week. If not, pictures and burn in updates will have to wait until I receive a production unit myself. :hugging:

Feb 14, 2016 at 7:10 AM Post #35 of 1,275
We know 1Plus2 is extremely transparent, while Ref.1 takes on a slightly warmer/thicker tonality in comparison.

What separates or individualizes Plus5 from the previous line up?

I read you say its a different approach again to the others.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:42 AM Post #36 of 1,275
We know 1Plus2 is extremely transparent, while Ref.1 takes on a slightly warmer/thicker tonality in comparison.

What separates or individualizes Plus5 from the previous line up?

I read you say its a different approach again to the others.

Hmmm... Yes, it is different. The Plus5 has transparency with excellent details and imaging while packing a hard hitting and deep bass. It is not as dark as the Ref1. In fact, until the bass hits, you would not expect it from the Plus5.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:46 AM Post #37 of 1,275
Hmmm... Yes, it is different. The Plus5 has transparency with excellent details and imaging while packing a hard hitting and deep bass. It is not as dark as the Ref1. In fact, until the bass hits, you would not expect it from the Plus5.
Hum...it is hard to understand without trying...I think we don't have a choice but to organize a tour.

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #38 of 1,275
Hum...it is hard to understand without trying...I think we don't have a choice but to organize a tour.

Heheh! My limited vocabulary can only take me so far. :innocent:

Feb 14, 2016 at 9:54 AM Post #39 of 1,275

So you think Plus5 bass hits lower than Ref.1's dual dynamic isobaric chamber?

Tell me it's not true!

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:00 AM Post #40 of 1,275
So you think Plus5 bass hits lower than Ref.1's dual dynamic isobaric chamber?

Tell me it's not true!

Heheh! Quantity goes to Ref1 and the lovely slow decay. For how deep the bass is on the Plus5, I was totally surprised too. I even played through an album of audiophile percussion... I fear it is true: the Plus5 has deeper but quicker bass

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:10 AM Post #42 of 1,275
I lost my mind too, quite a while ago actually. You and me will go far Kiats. :wink:

Heheh! Gavin has really flipped something over the wall this time. I like the way he innocuously went: let me know what you think. :yum:

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #43 of 1,275
So, you can understand why my only Qs to Gavin after the first hour of listening in the office off the Aurender Flow was: how much and when?

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM Post #44 of 1,275
Depending on the price I'll have to order a Plus5 because it will complete my Tralucent IEMs (expect Ref.1 Too). But my gut instinct is Plus5 may venture even higher than Ref.1 in price, I'm not sure just how high is sensible (for me as an individual). But I do know Tralucent is where I want to be, and I'm looking for a 3rd IEM in my collection. Totally makes sense but we will see.

Feb 14, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #45 of 1,275
So, you can understand why my only Qs to Gavin after the first hour of listening in the office off the Aurender Flow was: how much and when?
It's funny based on some excellent iems I know, 5 seems like a good combination.

I wonder if Gavin was inspired by the SE5, he liked the sound but thought the tubes were too thin and thus the sound lacked the immediacy of the Tralucent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back