NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Jun 5, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #826 of 1,275
Any new owner of the Plus5? Would really want to know more about the synergy with the Tera Player.
Does Gavin recommend these to be burned in for 200 hours for best sound?

MusicDay, what repertoire do you normally play on your Tera? That may help P5 owners.

As for burn in, iirc, yes.

Jun 5, 2016 at 12:15 PM Post #828 of 1,275
MusicDay, I listen to mostly pop and jazz. Especially vocals.

I think I have set out my views on the Ref1 Too and the Plus5 before. One thing I think we have to be clear about is this: what we think in terms of "synergy" with the Tera Player is whether the IEM will be hampered by the Tera: bass and treble roll off. Another thing I will state is this: none of the Tralucent IEMs suffer from this issue.

Hence, a choice as to which of the Tralucent IEMs one decides on, if that be the case, would be premised on which of the musical presentations one wants from the combination of the Tera and the IEM.

I do not intend to repeat what I had said earlier about the Plus5 and the Ref1 Too. I know my comments were in respect of the prototype Plus5. However, it was a fully burnt in unit and in that respect, nothing that I have heard with my production unit changes any impressions I have hitherto held.

Which leaves me to say something about the 2.2. Which I am incidentally listening to right now. Off the Tera. The 2.2, as you will read in the 1p2 thread has been re-engineered so that, whilst it retains the impressive soundstage and excellent bass and trebles, no longer suffers from any sibilance and has a much denser mids. Off the Tera, I dare say it pushes the Tera because of its extended but smooth trebles and its lusher sonic signature.

I would be very hard pressed to choose any one of the Tralucent IEMs over another. They all have excellent synergy with the Tera: I dare say you will not find a better combination whichever you should decide on. The only question is which musical presentation you wish to squeeze out of the Tera Player.

That's all I have to say about the Tera Player and its synergy with the Tralucent IEMs. I am just glad I'm blessed that I do not have choose between them. :)

Jun 5, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #830 of 1,275
Thanks Kiats for taking your time and write about the IEMs pairing.
Quite helpful for me and other guys who own the Tera Player to get the right Tralucent earphone:wink:

Like you I also exclusively use Tera (best hires player hands down as far as I'm concerned) and own both origial 1p2 and Ref 1 (Ref 1 is my default but 1p2 is also amazing).
Having said this if I were you and only want to buy one Traluncent phone at this time I would go with 1p2.2.
I'm personally considering p5 but that's only because I already have the original 1p2.

Jun 5, 2016 at 5:55 PM Post #831 of 1,275

Like you I also exclusively use Tera (best hires player hands down as far as I'm concerned) and own both origial 1p2 and Ref 1 (Ref 1 is my default but 1p2 is also amazing).
Having said this if I were you and only want to buy one Traluncent phone at this time I would go with 1p2.2.
I'm personally considering p5 but that's only because I already have the original 1p2.

Is very hard to take a decision without being able to hear/see the IEMs. But thank you for your help my friend.
Based on the old threads the 1Plus2 was among the best earphone for the Tera Player so looks like 1Plus2.2 may be the right choice for me, I am thinking...I am thinking..
1p2.2 is smaller then previous model right? So more comfort,better outside noise blocking?
I need to read the threads again and do more homework to make sure I make the right decision. As the Tera Player is the best for me, I need the best IEM now :)

Jun 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #832 of 1,275
  1p2.2 is smaller then previous model right? So more comfort,better outside noise blocking?
I need to read the threads again and do more homework to make sure I make the right decision. As the Tera Player is the best for me, I need the best IEM now :)

People who have the new ones say they are smaller. However I don't have any problems with the originals with size or fit after I found JVC spiral dot tips. Before that I tried a lot of different tips but was never completely happy.

Jun 5, 2016 at 10:06 PM Post #833 of 1,275
People who have the new ones say they are smaller. However I don't have any problems with the originals with size or fit after I found JVC spiral dot tips. Before that I tried a lot of different tips but was never completely happy.

Same here. I actually found the 1p2 to fit really nicely. But yes, the 2.2 are smaller.

As for noise isolation, because these are not customs, it is really the ear tips which will make the difference.

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:37 AM Post #836 of 1,275
Great photo and you have the Stealth like me:wink:
Is that 1plus2.2 with Uber too cable and JVC tips?
How is the sound? Is it really impressive?
Thanks.

It is a Plus5 with normal silver gold cable, with JVC  tips. The sound is really nice, but quite special. Stage is huge and very surrounding, everything sounds big, the sound is warm and thick but precise and resolving. Very different from the 1plus2 sound.

Jun 6, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #838 of 1,275
Jun 6, 2016 at 6:05 AM Post #840 of 1,275
Cool! That is just what  I tried and it is better. We are  ear brothers.

Haha! Though there's a discernible difference between Ortofon and the JVC: the JVC seems allow through more details and immediacy of impact due to its larger bore whilst the Ortofon tends to present the music in a slightly more atmospheric diffused manner because of the smaller bore and the sound waves passing through the soft silicone.

So, it depends on which you prefer in terms of sonics. Btw, the JVCs do soften up after initial use. I did find them a bit abrasive initially. But after a while they're more comfortable. Another thing about them is they have intermediate sizes: I started with L and found them a little uncomfortable; M on the other hand was a bit small and there was no real seal. Now I use ML when I feel like having more immediacy and it fits very nicely. ML in JVC is equivalent to L in Ortofon tips.

Hope that helps, Michael. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back