NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Apr 2, 2016 at 6:18 AM Post #376 of 1,275
We shouldn't have any difficulty determining left from right any longer.

In the old days, we only where the arrow points to decide.

Clearly Gavin taking advantage of the Technology. 

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #377 of 1,275
  We shouldn't have any difficulty determining left from right any longer.

In the old days, we only where the arrow points to decide.

Clearly Gavin taking advantage of the Technology. 

That is for me!!!

Works well after a bottle of single malt.......
blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif
confused.gif

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:42 AM Post #379 of 1,275
I've always been one to experience isolation more dependent on the tip you use.

Obviously, insertion depth matters as well from the IEM nozzle. I just never grasp how these thunderous amounts of noise can plummet through a vent basically no bigger than the head of a matchstick, that goes for several vented IEMs, then add on top of that your music playing. For me, the tip, seal and insertion of that tip matters the most. Play with some different tips one day, watch how much your isolation varies.

About Plus5 replacing a full-size headphone, I believe Ref.1 (when driven with the right sources) can already achieve that. But again for me its more about the drivers used. I am a huge fan of highly strung balanced armatures, when tuned correctly I've not heard any dynamic driver produce equivalent clarity, speed, and in the case of Tralucent classy timbre generated.

Words of wisdom about the drive of the sources, H20! Without that, a quality IEM doesn't stand a chance of showing its true qualities. :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 7:44 AM Post #380 of 1,275
I'm really liking the look of the finished product. There's some serious attention to detail on the plus5. Thanks for sharing Kiats.

You are most welcome! Still counting down to when I get my grubby hands on the pair of Plus5...

Apr 2, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #381 of 1,275
Words of wisdom about the drive of the sources, H20! Without that, a quality IEM doesn't stand a chance of showing its true qualities.
smily_headphones1.gif

High-performance ceiling is the term we're looking for.  

Not to say Tralucent IEMs sound bad from a smartphone, just their capacity to scale upward is present in folds, far above mid-tier or budget earphones.

I think most who invest in something like a Tralucent product will want to extract the potential, if funds allow....

Otherwise, the earphone will sit idling like a race car that never leaves the pits.

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:09 PM Post #382 of 1,275
Gavin, by any chance, will you be at the MUNICH's High-End show in May or at the CanJam LONDON in August so that you can bring the +5 for me to listen ? 

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #383 of 1,275
  Gavin, by any chance, will you be at the MUNICH's High-End show in May or at the CanJam LONDON in August so that you can bring the +5 for me to listen ? 

Munich, not sure but London, pretty much so...

But find me..I am very discreet.

Best is look for smoking areas, that is where I hang out!!

Apr 2, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #385 of 1,275

Oh I forgot to mention above, if I can find where I put the gear, that I have the same source as you somewhere.

iirc The ASP TU-05 and/or 06 and RWAK 100 and/or 120? You use for in-ears?

I will try listen in the next few weeks when I locate what has happened to the above....

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:13 PM Post #386 of 1,275

Oh I forgot to mention above, if I can find where I put the gear, that I have the same source as you somewhere.

iirc The ASP TU-05 and/or 06 and RWAK 100 and/or 120? You use for in-ears?

I will try listen in the next few weeks when I locate what has happened to the above....

I sold my TUR-06 because I find the TU-05 so much better.  I have always been impressed by the TU-05 but quite disapointed by the TUR-06.

On the go I mostly use "RWAK100+HUGO", but I am looking forward having a "one piece only" instead of this "RWAK100+HUGO" brick.

I am therefore leaning toward buying a RWAK380cu... just waiting for A&K to implement TIDAL streaming
wink.gif
 or... a NEW device like a AK480 at Munich
rolleyes.gif

Does the AKAmp improve the SQ of the AK380 when using efficient IEM like your +5 ?

Apr 2, 2016 at 4:44 PM Post #387 of 1,275
All the plus5, and 1plus2.2 for my up coming Singapore trip are in my hands, quite a lot... :wink_face:

So Thursday or Friday mate!!!

Indeed! Just hope the safe in the room is sufficiently large in capacity to accommodate all of them. Not that I expect you to be hanging on to them for long... :yum:

Apr 3, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #388 of 1,275

I am therefore leaning toward buying a RWAK380cu... just waiting for A&K to implement TIDAL streaming
wink.gif
 or... a NEW device like a AK480 at Munich
rolleyes.gif

Does the AKAmp improve the SQ of the AK380 when using efficient IEM like your +5 ?

For me, and for about 8 of my friends who has the Cu 380 and amp and will have the plus5 soon....a most definitely YES. Oh this is in Hong Kong.

Similar situation in Singapore with other friends there......then there are those who just bought the 380 Cu, all in all about 15 iirc

They auditioned my set up and all bought the AK combo or just the 380Cu 

Apr 3, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #389 of 1,275

For me, and for about 8 of my friends who has the Cu 380 and amp and will have the plus5 soon....a most definitely YES.....

So I guess the SQ improvement brought by the AKAmp is not a matter of more output power (I suppose the +5 do not need that much output power) but a change/improvement in the sound signature of the AK380 ?   right ? 

BTW, Spkrs01,
- do you use the SE or the balanced output of the AK380 ?  (I have a friend head-fier that has a AK380+Amp and he confirmed that other Head-Fiers noticed: he prefers the SE output of the AK better than the Balanced output ! This is why Vinnie in his RWAK mod change the balanced wiring inside the AK380 & AK380 amp ).  
- did you considered having your beloved AK380 modded by Vinnie ? 
- have you heard a real difference SQ between Ak380 & Ak380cu ?

thanks

Apr 3, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #390 of 1,275

So I guess the SQ improvement brought by the AKAmp is not a matter of more output power (I suppose the +5 do not need that much output power) but a change/improvement in the sound signature of the AK380 ?   right ? 

BTW, Spkrs01, do you use the SE or the balanced output of the AK380 ?  I have a friend head-fier that has a AK380+Amp and he confirmed qhat other Head-Fiers noticed: he prefer the SE output of the AK better than the Balanced output !  (This is why Vinnie in his RWAK mod change the balanced wiring inside the AK380 & AK380 amp ).  - Did you considered having your beloved AK380 modded by Vinnie ? 
- have you heard a real difference SQ between Ak380 & Ak380cu ?  
thanks

I use balance. I need to explain the technicalities but I cannot here!

I may get the Cu modded but the Cu 380 & amp is really so good. A 380Cu is far better than the stock 380 with amp to my ears. And with the Cu amp it is to me ears the best source for in ears by a country mile and can't see it being improved upon in the next few years, even with a higher number'ed AK devices. The combination of the AKM velvet dac chip, implementation of femto clocks and the copper casing acting as a ground box is just pure sonic bliss..... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back