NEW: Tralucent Audio Plus5 BA IEM
Mar 31, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #361 of 1,275
Lol. Yes, for both. Gavin pmed me, my Ref 1 Too are almost done. I'll probably have them in 1.5 weeks!!

Sorry, scrolled through the thread and had my answer!

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #362 of 1,275
Aw... Isn't it? Gavin has exceeded himself with the finish of the Plus5. Excuse me while I go take a cold shower... :heart_eyes: It is gonna be a loooong week ahead...

Too kind mate....we try!!!

beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #363 of 1,275
The anticipation is really getting to me...time for a shower as well... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:33 AM Post #364 of 1,275
@Kiats The pic of your p5 looks gorgeous!!! I''m also looking forward to next week to receive mine. Luckily, I still have my 1p2 to accompany me through this period 
smile_phones.gif

@warrior1975 Your wait for Ref1. Too gonna be over soon. Take this chance to have some sleep, you might loose them when it reaches you 
L3000.gif

Everyone is taking showers to cool down, huh
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:52 AM Post #365 of 1,275
@warrior1975

Warning........

- Sore point for Thomas (Sabre2)!!! -

Don't go out to eat with a pair of Ref.1 Too. They may get stolen especially if an uBer Too cable is attached to it...............
angry_face.gif

Apr 1, 2016 at 12:59 AM Post #366 of 1,275
Thanks guys... Almost there!!

Gavin, don't worry, if I'm out and about, they are in my ears only!!

I already had a bad experience, the week sold my AK240, my zx2 was stolen by my pool. Bad week.

If my Ref 1 Too was stolen... I'd be sick. Sorry to read that.

flymetothemoon-Yes sir, as you read. I'll have them real soon bro.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:18 AM Post #367 of 1,275
Thanks guys... Almost there!!

Gavin, don't worry, if I'm out and about, they are in my ears only!!

I already had a bad experience, the week sold my AK240, my zx2 was stolen by my pool. Bad week.

If my Ref 1 Too was stolen... I'd be sick. Sorry to read that.

flymetothemoon-Yes sir, as you read. I'll have them real soon bro.

Agree on that: when I travel, the babies are kept safely in my bag until I am settled down with my cuppa and bite. Only then do I take them out. So, if you see a guy who's taking everything at one go at the airport lounge, that'd likely be me. Of course the Mrs just thinks I'm a pig. :yum:

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:19 AM Post #368 of 1,275
@Kiats
 The pic of your p5 looks gorgeous!!! I''m also looking forward to next week to receive mine. Luckily, I still have my 1p2 to accompany me through this period :smile_phones:

@warrior1975
 Your wait for Ref1. Too gonna be over soon. Take this chance to have some sleep, you might loose them when it reaches you :L3000:

Everyone is taking showers to cool down, huh :beerchug:  

Definitely! Hot showers are so overrated... :speak_no_evil:

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #369 of 1,275
As you know I am very happy with my HE-X and TH900 for open-back Headphone, but... I am still searching MY Isolating headphone (when it is noisy around).

If the +5 is that good,  can it replace a full size headphone in my quest for an isolating headphone ?  Is it more isolating that the 1+2 which I understood had some sort of "vents" ? 

Apr 2, 2016 at 12:32 AM Post #370 of 1,275
  As you know I am very happy with my HE-X and TH900 for open-back Headphone, but... I am still searching MY Isolating headphone (when it is noisy around).

If the +5 is that good,  can it replace a full size headphone in my quest for an isolating headphone ?  Is it more isolating that the 1+2 which I understood had some sort of "vents" ? 

Don't have much experience with full size headphones and in terms of isolation, I will have to wait until I get the plus5 in about two weeks time before I can give you a comparison with the 1+2. The last time I tried the plus5 was in a reasonably quiet environment.

Apr 2, 2016 at 3:24 AM Post #371 of 1,275

Well, I don't wear full sized cans out of the house or without my desktop rig. But in any event, I don't think there's a full sized can that will completely isolate or even close to IEMs. Unless you count in the noise cancelling cans.

When I tested out the prototype for a week or so, I found the isolation pretty good. I couldn't hear my colleagues on their conference calls in our open office.

When you ask about replacing full sized cans, do you mean on a portable rig? If yes, definitely. Full sized cans generally benefit from the driving power of a desktop rig. IEMs make more sense to me on a portable rig.

Of course, that's just my perspective. :)

Apr 2, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #374 of 1,275
I've always been one to experience isolation more dependent on the tip you use.

Obviously, insertion depth matters as well from the IEM nozzle. I just never grasp how these thunderous amounts of noise can plummet through a vent basically no bigger than the head of a matchstick, that goes for several vented IEMs, then add on top of that your music playing. For me, the tip, seal and insertion of that tip matters the most. Play with some different tips one day, watch how much your isolation varies.

About Plus5 replacing a full-size headphone, I believe Ref.1 (when driven with the right sources) can already achieve that. But again for me its more about the drivers used. I am a huge fan of highly strung balanced armatures, when tuned correctly I've not heard any dynamic driver produce equivalent clarity, speed, and in the case of Tralucent classy timbre generated.

Apr 2, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #375 of 1,275
I'm really liking the look of the finished product. There's some serious attention to detail on the plus5. Thanks for sharing Kiats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back