New top Lotoo Mjolnir
May 31, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #151 of 662
I would like to see Lotto add Genre to the sort options, I miss this feature on my TI. I’d also like to have Replay Gain functionality. As someone who has a large music library spanning several decades—especially the Loudness War decade that began in the late 1980s—this would be very helpful. 👍
There will be Roon certification. So with that you can use any streaming z when connected to a Roon Core. Also there will be additional Tidal support. Qobuz was tried but apparently they did not move.

Jun 3, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #152 of 662
3) In the case of the AK SP3000 DAP, I found their oversampling mode that is using the 4 DACs actually sounds quite artificial and not organic & natural as I personally would prefer.

does this mean oversampling is bad in an case ? or we are specifically talking about sp3k ?

do we know mjolnir is a NOS dap ? if not how do we know it’s oversampling is better than others ?

Jun 3, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #153 of 662
does this mean oversampling is bad in an case ? or we are specifically talking about sp3k ?

do we know mjolnir is a NOS dap ? if not how do we know it’s oversampling is better than others ?
I don't say oversampling is bad in any case. Of course it's a matter of taste as well. In the case of SP3K, I find the sound to get very artificial once oversampling is used. I personally prefer NOS.

I can't say if the Mjolnir is using oversampling at all. I did not play with the settings, I just plugged various headphones in and enjoyed the music. 😅

Jun 3, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #154 of 662
It's more or less a month from its forecast release and there's very little new info I can find about it (here's Gheorghe Dobrescu's brief impressions of Mjolnir vs. DX320 Max from Munich, which are par for the course). Given that in many countries (like in the UK, for instance) it'll be retailed as a pre-order, as well as given its rather steep price (rumoured to be more than twice that of iBasso's flagship), it would be good to have some more data to help make a decision. If any Lotoo fans out there have glimpsed anything further, now would be a good time to share. Contributions highly appreciated :ksc75smile:

Jun 11, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #156 of 662
I hope to have my Mjölnir before CanJam London August 19/20th, so that I can test all the available headphones with my own source and find which one will offer the best synergy with the Mjölnir.

-> Anyone has infos about availability date of the Mjölnir ?

Attachments

• Mjölnir & Spirit Walharia.png
    Mjölnir & Spirit Walharia.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 11, 2023 at 3:43 PM Post #158 of 662
Jun 17, 2023 at 5:20 AM Post #159 of 662
Last edited:
Jun 25, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #160 of 662
July is almost here, and I must say I'm *quite* excited for Mjolnir. Over the last few weeks, I've amassed a couple more Lotoo DAPs and find myself listening to them - especially Gold Touch Ti in conjunction with Mass Kobo 428 - more than my desktop setup. Budget notwithstanding, pretty sure I'll take the plunge on this. :fingers_crossed:

Jun 28, 2023 at 8:37 AM Post #162 of 662
Lotoo makes it really exciting, and that for what feels like 1,5 years,.. 😂

IMG_1813.gif

Well, I suppose/hope that they've been able to make at least some serious progress at Lotoo over that period :sweat_smile:
MM ladder 1.gif

Btw, I'm still enjoying the ACRO CA1000 (that I bought from you) over here in the meantime.
But I guess the Mjölnir will show that one its (technical) tail lights, once it has arrived :)

Jun 28, 2023 at 9:27 AM Post #163 of 662
Lotoo makes it really exciting, and that for what feels like 1,5 years,.. 😂

1.5 years actually isn't too bad (kudos to Lotoo for not pumping out expendable "upgrades" like almost every other DAP/audio company), it's just last months/weeks that are pressing down!

I have complete confidence this will be a knock out product. Everything Lotoo conceives from the humble Paw Pico to the Paw Gold Ti seems to be carefully made, well-built, well-designed, and excellent sounding.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 12:05 PM Post #164 of 662
1.5 years actually isn't too bad (kudos to Lotoo for not pumping out expendable "upgrades" like almost every other DAP/audio company), it's just last months/weeks that are pressing down!

I have complete confidence this will be a knock out product. Everything Lotoo conceives from the humble Paw Pico to the Paw Gold Ti seems to be carefully made, well-built, well-designed, and excellent sounding.
I have followed the development of Mjölnir for quite some time now, occasionally having a chat about it with my friend at Lotoo. I get the impression that Mjölnir is something special for everyone at Lotoo. They have always taken their time with the development of new products and set the bar very high for themselves. With Mjölnir they seem to have put themselves under even more pressure because it is their first desktop release and they want to make a statement with it. It feels like they are obsessing over every little detail at the moment in order to perfect Mjölnir as much as possible.

I actually discussed documenting the development, which would have been really cool. Unfortunately, there were too many practical hurdles to make that possible.

Hopefully I will have the opportunity to hear Mjölnir at some point. I know there is one unit in the Netherlands at the moment, but it is too far from where I live that I can have a quick demo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back