New TOOL is FINALLY here!
Mar 16, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #46 of 50
Oh yeah, judging by all the trouble its caused already, this album is gonna be very good indeed!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 7:43 PM Post #47 of 50
If you guys haven't heard it, head over to toolshed.down.net to hear a quick 3 minute audio clip about the new album.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #49 of 50
Nice blurb. I'm very glad the band is taking precautions to guard against leaks. I did the whole "OMG LEEKT TOOL" thing with Lateralus and I don't think I want to do that with this one. I certainly don't trust my willpower in the event of an actual leak, however.

As far as the possible political aspects in the new album, I'm fairly confident they will be at a minimum. Maynard is exceptionally good at hiding a song's true meaning behind layers of metaphor. To me, Tool has always been about self-improvement, whether through spirituality (Parabol/a), recognizing abusive patterns (Prison Sex), or catastrophic change (Aenema).

APC should not be used an indicator of what we can expect with a Tool album. I certainly didn't hear any APC influence in Lateralus.

I'm excited to hear influence from Meshuggah. When they opened for Tool in 2002, I felt they were too aggressive for me. I picked up Chaosphere a few months ago and now I'm completely hooked.

Mar 16, 2006 at 8:55 PM Post #50 of 50
Despite my best efforts I could not get into Meshuggah but if this new Tool album is heavier one could ask if Meshuggah played any part in that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back