New TOOL is FINALLY here!
Mar 16, 2006 at 12:20 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
LFF - just wait for day of release, Best Buy will probably have it for 11.99 or less on the week of release. But if you want the Amazon link it's here.

Sweet. Thanks for the headsup. I rarely go to BB anymore so I tend to forget things like that. Thanks Wakeride74!
icon10.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 12:47 AM Post #17 of 50
Only 10 tracks? I hope they're all full tracks and none of those silly interlude thingy's like on aenima and lateralus. Anyways, from the track titles, I got a feeling this is gonna sound very different from their previous work; I can't wait!

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:17 AM Post #18 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Only 10 tracks? I hope they're all full tracks and none of those silly interlude thingy's like on aenima and lateralus. Anyways, from the track titles, I got a feeling this is gonna sound very different from their previous work; I can't wait!

I thought the same thing...there better not be any interludes.
Im looking for straight in ur face rock/metal, classic Undertow style.
Also, I hope there are a couple of hidden tracks.
Ten songs after nearly six years wait would be a disaster.

Mar 16, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #19 of 50
I hope some of them are 10min plus, third-eye style epics, god I love that track!

Personally I hope they go back to the rawness of aenima, not that I didn't like lateralus, but aenima is simply the better album.
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:35 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by SennFan
I doubt 10,000 Days is going to be the album title...they're probably making fun of Disturbed or something...

Aenima, Lateralus, Opiate, 10,000 Days?

LOL.
thats a good point.
i think a good name for the album would be "Well its about Fu$%ing Time".
What do you think?
Gotta be honest...I was hoping they were gonna bust out with a Double Cd.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:33 AM Post #22 of 50
May 2 is going to be a great day for rock music, it just so happens Pearl Jam's new self-titled album is being released the same day
very_evil_smiley.gif
. I've already pre-ordered Pearl Jam through their site because they are including a free 1992 bootleg CD with the album; but I definately will be at Best Buy as early as possible for Tool, since the price will most likely be lowest there. Man...my HF-1's are already salivating
rs1smile.gif

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:30 PM Post #26 of 50
Quote:

"I think for me, and this is just personally, the last few years have really been crushing," singer Maynard James Keenan told Kerrang! "For me, as an artist, I needed to see on some level if speaking my mind would actually inspire people — you see the sky falling and you feel like you've got to say something. I think of prior Tool albums 'AEnema' and 'Lateralus', lyrically, I had this idea of trying to share things and push some kind of higher purpose — enlightenment, this global consciousness thing — and everything that's going on nowadays has kind of left me a little disappointed, a little bummed.

Quote:

"The difference is before, we had that young spunk and we thought we could actually say something and help people realize these things" continued Keenan. "But now, the anger is more of a frustrated anger, and me sitting back and going, 'Okay, I'm going to shut up now, I'm going to stop ranting and trying to be chicken little telling you that the sky is falling, I'm going to just let you guys get hit in the head.'"

This is so true. While you can listen to Tool purely for their musical talent, the meanings, lyrical symbolism and message the music conveys probably just flies over the heads of most listeners.

Mar 16, 2006 at 3:58 PM Post #27 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
This is so true. While you can listen to Tool purely for their musical talent, the meanings, lyrical symbolism and message the music conveys probably just flies over the heads of most listeners.

I just hope they don't jump on this rock/metal/punk political bandwagon, I'm so tired of hearing it.

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:01 PM Post #28 of 50
"In a recent interview with Britain's Kerrang! magazine (web site), the members of Tool spoke about the 77-minute, 11-song prog-metal odyssey, which is said to be packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the band's trademark, eerie interludes."

Now this is what im talking about...

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #29 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel
"In a recent interview with Britain's Kerrang! magazine (web site), the members of Tool spoke about the 77-minute, 11-song prog-metal odyssey, which is said to be packed with plenty of eight minute-plus twisted riff-a-thons, odd-tempo polyrhythms and the band's trademark, eerie interludes."

Now this is what im talking about...

Yeah baby! Bring on the Carey effect!

Mar 16, 2006 at 5:43 PM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74
I just hope they don't jump on this rock/metal/punk political bandwagon, I'm so tired of hearing it.

Well APC certainly did with Emotive. But, hell, the last election was so contentious it even brought Eminem into political statements!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back