New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 7, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #9,033 of 9,406
I’ve got a question about connected the SP1000M to an iPad Pro. I can get it working with the somewhat large AV Connection Dongle (the one with HDMI, USB-A and Thunderbolt), but does anyone know of a smaller dongle that will work (for example the apple usb-c to usb-a connector?).

I’ve tried an Anker USB OTG cable as well as an Anker USB-C cable but the DAC does not get picked up after pressing the USB Mode button. Thanks in advance.

Oct 7, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #9,034 of 9,406
I’ve got a question about connected the SP1000M to an iPad Pro. I can get it working with the somewhat large AV Connection Dongle (the one with HDMI, USB-A and Thunderbolt), but does anyone know of a smaller dongle that will work (for example the apple usb-c to usb-a connector?).

I’ve tried an Anker USB OTG cable as well as an Anker USB-C cable but the DAC does not get picked up after pressing the USB Mode button. Thanks in advance.
I’m using an iFi OTG usb c to a cable with my iPad Pro and DragonFly dac. I will try the SP1000 later this morning.

Oct 7, 2021 at 5:31 PM Post #9,035 of 9,406

3C75B1E7-A205-4CBE-9DBB-8B1A588B0100.jpeg

This was successful. Also tried the supplied c to a cable which worked. I have not been able to determine if mqa is being decoded properly. The player was Tidal.

Oct 7, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #9,036 of 9,406
3C75B1E7-A205-4CBE-9DBB-8B1A588B0100.jpeg
This was successful. Also tried the supplied c to a cable which worked. I have not been able to determine if mqa is being decoded properly. The player was Tidal.
Nice one. Thank you very much!

Oct 10, 2021 at 11:11 AM Post #9,037 of 9,406
I tried a factory reset, followed by installing 1.52 (from file), then a factory reset, then an upgrade to 1.655 over wifi.

I'm still getting the muffled sound on 1.66 unless I switch the DAC filter. I've decided to just stick with 1.52 for now which kinda sucks.

@JasonNYC - I dunno if it'd be helpful at all but I'm in NYC this week so could potentially show you in person - probably not super useful tho. I could also provide some recordings of white noise, or similar if that helps your support department?

Oct 10, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #9,038 of 9,406
I tried a factory reset, followed by installing 1.52 (from file), then a factory reset, then an upgrade to 1.655 over wifi.

I'm still getting the muffled sound on 1.66 unless I switch the DAC filter. I've decided to just stick with 1.52 for now which kinda sucks.

@JasonNYC - I dunno if it'd be helpful at all but I'm in NYC this week so could potentially show you in person - probably not super useful tho. I could also provide some recordings of white noise, or similar if that helps your support department?
Went through similar hoops and loops except going to 1.52 in the end, since Apple Music fails to authenticate on it. And can confirm the same result on the latest.

Oct 10, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #9,039 of 9,406
Went through similar hoops and loops except going to 1.52 in the end, since Apple Music fails to authenticate on it. And can confirm the same result on the latest.
Ha… ok, that explains Apple Music not working. I thought it was an android versioning issue. That’s a relief at least.
I’m sure this will eventually get fixed but it sucks having to choose between Roon and decent sound without extra steps.

Oct 11, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #9,041 of 9,406
Damn I have to do it on every song????? this is totally unusable then. I also notice that the gapless is not working properly too.
You can just change it to super slow roll off and it will work for every song. It is the only filter that does not have the dark sounding problem.

It is not every song. It is when you load new songs, e.g. a song in a different folder. That you haven't listened after the last time you boot the player up

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2021 at 10:20 AM Post #9,042 of 9,406
You can just change it to super slow roll off and it will work for every song. It is the only filter that does not have the dark sounding problem.

It is not every song. It is when you load new songs, e.g. a song in a different folder. That you haven't listened after the last time you boot the player up
When in gapless mode I suspect the filter reset behavior depends on changing sample rate. So you can easily listen to a full release without resetting but as soon as the queue reaches some track with different sample rate/bit depth you get a reset.

Oct 12, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #9,043 of 9,406
After I update for the latest system 1.66M my sp1000 starting tô reboot after sometime playing. This is never happend before. Im already did a factory data reset and didnt fix the problem. This is happend with anyone after the update? There is a method where I can install an older version to see if this can fix the problem?

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #9,044 of 9,406
From
When in gapless mode I suspect the filter reset behavior depends on changing sample rate. So you can easily listen to a full release without resetting but as soon as the queue reaches some track with different sample rate/bit depth you get a reset.
From all the problems I've seen here, look like they are trying to jam pack features of newer player without really recoding the software to work with slower older processor setup. It happened to every electronic stuff. However, at least other company allowing user to choose to stay at certain firmware or roll back to whatever firmware that is stable for them. For me, I don't use any of the new features like Roon or Tidal. I mainly play my collection of music folders. I wish to go back to version 1.31 which I think sound the best for my Cu. Anyone has that firmware to share???

Oct 12, 2021 at 4:26 PM Post #9,045 of 9,406
Could anyone provide instructions and required files for downgrading my SPKM to 1.62CM? Tired of the extra steps involved and waiting for a fix from AK. :angry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back