New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Jan 12, 2020 at 7:34 PM Post #7,696 of 9,409
Over on the Roon Community it was suggested the problem AK may be having for Roon certification is the Android Roon apk sample to 48k issue. That upsampling from 44.1 to 48 keeps me with the native Tidal app. You never know what is coming out of the Tidal apk app.

Hmmmm interesting!

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #7,697 of 9,409
I have given up on roon for the sp1000. I was going to.use it to feed my TT2 as an endpoint. I decided to sell the TT2 and order the DCS Bartok for my home setup and two channel.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:08 PM Post #7,698 of 9,409
I’ve just dropped my SP1000 and damage the display a little bit :frowning2:

Does anybody here have any feedback on the iriver european service center? I’m emailing them right now. Thanks

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:40 PM Post #7,699 of 9,409
I’ve just dropped my SP1000 and damage the display a little bit :frowning2:

Does anybody here have any feedback on the iriver european service center? I’m emailing them right now. Thanks

My experience with them was excellent.
Fast courteous, and did a perfect job after I dropped my spkm myself.
No worries!

Jan 15, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #7,700 of 9,409
I have another power question:

There has been a lot of discussion about charging adapters, and I'm a bit confused by what is and is not safe. I travel a lot and carry a couple of Anker batteries like this one. Their specs aren't very detailed, only listing output as 5V 3A. The A&K manual specifies lower amperage. Should I be able to use this safely with an SP1000?

Thanks.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #7,702 of 9,409

Sorry not following this. I travel a lot. Another charger doesn't help me on most aircraft or trains and I don't want to charge an SP1000 in terminals, only a matter of time before I forget it or it's nicked.

So is an Anker PowerCore battery safe for charging the SP1000? Not sure why it's fine with every other device but not the A&K. But since the A&K costs three times the other devices, I'd like not to toast it.

Jan 17, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #7,703 of 9,409
Ask JasonNYC, who is with AK and is often on this site. Find a post of his and contact him that way, or hope that he sees this and responds.

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:27 PM Post #7,704 of 9,409
Since the parametric EQ is limited, is there a way to use openapk nowadays to get a more efficient EQ? I'm thinking of viper4android? Did anyone try this?
Ideally I'd like to use my sp1000m with my lcdi4 but it requires EQ since Audeze doesn't have the reveal plugin for Android I believe :x

Roon isn't An option as I also wanna use it when playing local files instead of streaming from core (= ex: Nas)

Jan 18, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #7,705 of 9,409
I've been using Anker chargers and the powercore with my SP1000M for several months on a daily basis with zero issues.

Sorry not following this. I travel a lot. Another charger doesn't help me on most aircraft or trains and I don't want to charge an SP1000 in terminals, only a matter of time before I forget it or it's nicked.

So is an Anker PowerCore battery safe for charging the SP1000? Not sure why it's fine with every other device but not the A&K. But since the A&K costs three times the other devices, I'd like not to toast it.

Jan 20, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #7,706 of 9,409
can anyone chime in, as I am really needing feedback with above, as the minimum bass quantity is the one I can accept with Ak se100, if the Ak sp1000m has less bass quantity than ak se100 then it will be a no no for me as I am using khan and khan needs some good low end dap. Also i hope ak sp1000m is not brighter or thinner sounding than ak se100 as the khan is a very transparent iem

Anyone has an answer to this?

Also, anyone has a comparison of the SPKM / SP1000M with Sony’s ZX300 low-end and warmth? I’m afraid to loose them as I don’t like analytical / clinical / neutral sound.

To be paired with the Andromeda Gold if it helps.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #7,707 of 9,409
I haven't heard the Sony, but I can tell you with confidence that the SP1000M is a beautiful DAP on the warm side, extremely fun and musical sounding. All frequencies are very clear, the treble during long listening sessions won't hurt your ears.

The bass is powerful and impactful, sub bass is strong. It plays bass heavy tracks very well, with all the rumble you need.

If you want warm then go for the SP1000M.

Anyone has an answer to this?

Also, anyone has a comparison of the SPKM / SP1000M with Sony’s ZX300 low-end and warmth? I’m afraid to loose them as I don’t like analytical / clinical / neutral sound.

To be paired with the Andromeda Gold if it helps.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 8:11 AM Post #7,708 of 9,409
I haven't heard the Sony, but I can tell you with confidence that the SP1000M is a beautiful DAP on the warm side, extremely fun and musical sounding. All frequencies are very clear, the treble during long listening sessions won't hurt your ears.

The bass is powerful and impactful, sub bass is strong. It plays bass heavy tracks very well, with all the rumble you need.

If you want warm then go for the SP1000M.

Thanks ! « Sounds » perfect :)

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #7,709 of 9,409
SP1000M is not clinical but it is a trebly dap,it gives emphasis on clarity and excitement.I am not sure how it would pair with Khan which i read is an iem that focuses on high mids and treble can get edgy and fatiguing with wrong pair up.I would suggest an audition if possible with SP1000M if there is an iem with treble emphasis as exciting and energetic can get fatiguing really quick depending on what you're looking for and your tolerance with highs.

Love it with Stellias though as it injects a much needed air and energy to the signature and plays to the headfone strengths which is clarity,detail and natural sound.

Jan 20, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #7,710 of 9,409
SP1000M is not clinical but it is a trebly dap,it gives emphasis on clarity and excitement.I am not sure how it would pair with Khan which i read is an iem that focuses on high mids and treble can get edgy and fatiguing with wrong pair up.I would suggest an audition if possible with SP1000M if there is an iem with treble emphasis as exciting and energetic can get fatiguing really quick depending on what you're looking for and your tolerance with highs.

Love it with Stellias though as it injects a much needed air and energy to the signature and plays to the headfone strengths which is clarity,detail and natural sound.

Thanks for the heads-up. The Andromeda Gold are balanced and very musical IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back