New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
May 29, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #3,379 of 9,409
Recently did a demo of sp1000cu and sp1000ss with 1.08fw. Strangely, the treble of cu is now brighter than ss (at least to my ears).

What iems or full size were you using during audition/comparison? It will put what you are hearing in a better perspective.

May 29, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #3,380 of 9,409
What iems or full size were you using during audition/comparison? It will put what you are hearing in a better perspective.
I was using tia fourte for the demo. Originally I had thought that the cu would be the better match since its supposed to be warmer than ss. The mids have more body and forwardness with the cu but the treble is brighter in comparison to ss which feels smoother and a bit more laid back.

May 29, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #3,381 of 9,409
I was using tia fourte for the demo. Originally I had thought that the cu would be the better match since its supposed to be warmer than ss. The mids have more body and forwardness with the cu but the treble is brighter in comparison to ss which feels smoother and a bit more laid back.

I see, yeah, Fourte is brighter at the top and I do like its pair up with SS. Here is a tip, no pun intended, try it with Symbio hybrid eartips (I covered it here).

May 30, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #3,383 of 9,409
Hi, has anyone listened to the SSP1000 with the new STAX-D10 portable Driver Unit?
I listened to SRM-D10 with my SP1000SS and SR-L700 using mini stereo cable, so I used only driver unit and did not used DAC part at the event in March.
Even at that time, noise level was very low and matched well with SR-L700.

DSC00462.jpg

Late, in the end of April, at the other event, I listened to SRM-D10 using my SP1000CP and SR-003, which was not mine, but I also have SRM-002
and often use it.. Not using DAC,only using driver part. Noise level felt even lower and the sound felt clearer than a month ago. The sales person
from STAX told that SRM-D10 was more refined than March. He said the completion rate of SRM-D10 was 70% in March, but at this time the completion rate was almost 100%.

DSC00465.jpg

Both in two times of listening, I used my SP1000, so I could listened to familiar high resolution music, like Orchestral Arrangement from FF14 (live recording recorded with true high
resolution tools ) and good recordings from Chesky Records. I think SRM-D10 can handle SR-L700 well and the sound is clean. I always listen to my SR-L700 with my SRM-007tA.
But both listeng times were only 10 minutes or so, so are not reliable much.
I already made reservation, so when I get my SRM-D10, I will write the impression.

Attachments

• DSC00464.jpg
    DSC00464.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
May 30, 2018 at 7:36 AM Post #3,384 of 9,409
I listened to SRM-D10 with my SP1000SS and SR-L700 using mini stereo cable, so I used only driver unit and did not used DAC part at the event in March.

Late, in the end of April, at the other event, I listened to SRM-D10 using my SP1000CP and SR-003, which was not mine, but I also have SRM-002
and often use it.. Not using DAC,only using driver part. Noise level felt even lower and the sound felt clearer than a month ago. The sales person
from STAX told that SRM-D10 was more refined than March. He said the completion rate of SRM-D10 was 70% in March, but at this time the completion rate was almost 100%.

Both in two times of listening, I used my SP1000, so I could listened to familiar high resolution music, like Orchestral Arrangement from FF14 (live recording recorded with true high
resolution tools ) and good recordings from Chesky Records. I think SRM-D10 can handle SR-L700 well and the sound is clean. I always listen to my SR-L700 with my SRM-007tA.
I already made reservation, so when I get my SRM-D10, I will write the impression.

Very interesting, thanks.
My idea was similar ... match the D10 to SSP1000 and Stax L700.
So wait for your next comment as soon as your amp arrives. Too bad just can not take advantage of the DAC of SSp 1000 ...

May 31, 2018 at 8:32 PM Post #3,385 of 9,409
First post and I have really enjoyed the info on the SP1000 ptovided here. I am using my SP1000 as an end point for ROON when not mobile. I have PI3 > Ropieee > Schiit WYRD > SP1000 > Focal Utopia (balanced) or HD650. My question... will it harm the battery to leave it connected as above which appears to constantly charge?

Jun 2, 2018 at 8:45 AM Post #3,388 of 9,409
Let me explain, i have the AK Ripper MKII and put my ripped cd's on to the AK SP1000 and now i want to back it up on to a computer and it's always busy (windows). I'm also trying to do it on a Mac and i'm having difficulty transferring it here too.

Jun 2, 2018 at 9:16 AM Post #3,389 of 9,409
Ok that is strange. When I try to copy/move a file from one directory to another on the SP1000 I get also the busy problem, so that's why I gave my answer to first copy it to the pc. I never have problems when I copy from SP1000 to pc and from pc back to SP1000.

Jun 2, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #3,390 of 9,409
You are trying to move things around from WITHIN the SP? Doesn't work. You can pull things off by dragging and dropping to the desktop or download things on by dragging and dropping to the Music folder. Make sure you don't have your files buried too deeply in folders when you drag them in. Folder wishing folder seems to be the most it likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back