New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Sep 8, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #8,508 of 9,406
I checked this website, because I am an IEM lover and I am listening to hardcore's music with A18t. What kind of line is suitable for me (the price looks really good)

I would also take a look at the Moonaudio silver and bronze dragon cables. They are reasonably priced and of very good quality.

Sep 8, 2020 at 6:24 PM Post #8,509 of 9,406
I would also take a look at the Moonaudio silver and bronze dragon cables. They are reasonably priced and of very good quality.
I'm currently having the Silver dragon with my Layla. At the beginning, the high frequency was harsh, but it was much better after using it for about half a month. I don't know if you have encountered a similar situation

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #8,510 of 9,406
I'm currently having the Silver dragon with my Layla. At the beginning, the high frequency was harsh, but it was much better after using it for about half a month. I don't know if you have encountered a similar situation

I am using mine with the noble khan and after owning for about 5 months it is really a great pairing.

Sep 8, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #8,511 of 9,406
I am using mine with the noble khan and after owning for about 5 months it is really a great pairing.
Good to hear about it. My question was asking about the DHC shmbiote 19, seem like this is the largest IEM cable ever found. I just want to know what different between the18.8awg and 22 awg. If the materials are the same, the conductivity should not be the same. I have some doubts about the upgrade of wire rod, and the obvious one is the comparison between copper wire and silver wire. The distortion of silver wire in transmission will be much less, and the timbre will be more transparent

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #8,513 of 9,406
Hi @JasonNYC

Is it possible to disclose to us the reason for so much delay to the roon support?

4BBE9640-CDB9-43AA-AED0-AF2633439577.jpeg

I’m well aware of the current global situation but I mean it’s been pretty delayed even before the pandemic. That’s what I’d like to know if possible. So just pretend I’m asking this before the coronavirus.

Hey everyone and @JasonNYC

September 2020 and still no Roon support as promised by late 2018. I know COVID has shelved that project but it was way already overdue when the pandemic hit.

Can someone explain why this was not released until november 2019? Is there a specific reason? Was the Roon support promised before finding out if it was doable?

Will the efforts resume? Have they resumed yet?Can we expect a new deadline?

Sep 15, 2020 at 9:25 PM Post #8,514 of 9,406
@Samuel777 and @NovaFlyer this was discussed in detail regarding Tidal and the prompt for update in this thread back in December when OpenApp was first released. It will not update that way and the latest version needs to be manually loaded. I will address in more detail tomorrow when I am back in the office and anything else outstanding from this weekend. It is a holiday here in the US today and purposely stayed offline this weekend to spend some time with the family.
Excuse me my sp1000 does not have power in wifi. Even if i dont use tidal, with quboz has the same issue. All time. What is the solution?

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2020 at 10:12 PM Post #8,515 of 9,406
Excuse me my sp1000 does not have power in wifi. Even if i dont use tidal, with quboz has the same issue. All time. What is the solution?

All us know that is a critical problem on design.
It is said that new antenna was used. Infact, it is worse than older versions

Sep 16, 2020 at 10:30 AM Post #8,519 of 9,406
I tried them with my sp1000m gold last week, so here is my conclusion:
- 3,5 SE no, not enough, the sound is too thin;
- balanced yes, enough.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2020 at 12:21 PM Post #8,520 of 9,406
I for the SP1000 for the same reason - I.e. A&K finally got around to Tidal offline and then Tidal Masters (well done AK by the way), and I was happy to be able to pick up one of their players for the first time since the old AK120 + Glove that I had some years ago (one of the best ever setups and perfect for hi res stuff that was loaded on from a computer).

I’m using 2.12.2 and it’s fine.

I do actually have an issue with mine which is that Bluetooth isn’t working properly (even after software reset etc), so I can only give it 3/5 for UI, even if the sound is great. Haven’t got round to exchanging mine yet because i don’t need BT that often, but it has been annoying a couple of times, so I will probably switch it for one that works properly.
Excuse me. How did you fix the Bluetooth issue?
My sp1000 has problems with power range of Bluetooth. It has only 30 cm of range or distance in bluetooth u.u

Users who are viewing this thread

Back