New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Jan 7, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #4,966 of 9,409
@ChrisLN

The answer is here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-tol-a-k-dap-the-ak-ultima-sp1000.850061/page-291#post-14571499

Your playlists have to be located on internal memory (not on the SD) in the dedicated playlist folder.
No other folder containing a playlist will work as it was before...

You can move the 0 bytes PL from any folder or SD to the Internal memory and it will work correctly.

I just can't sync a playlist containing +4000 songs without making the SP1000 unstable... (It was working before 1.10)

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #4,967 of 9,409
@ChrisLN

The answer is here : https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-tol-a-k-dap-the-ak-ultima-sp1000.850061/page-291#post-14571499

Your playlists have to be located on internal memory (not on the SD) in the dedicated playlist folder.
No other folder containing a playlist will work as it was before...

You can move the 0 bytes PL from any folder or SD to the Internal memory and it will work correctly.

I just can't sync a playlist containing +4000 songs without making the SP1000 unstable... (It was working before 1.10)

Thanks for the help, @Daibaron.

How do you move the .m3u file from any folder on the AK to the Playlists folder on the internal memory. When I copied the .m3u files from my MAC to the SPK, no matter where I dropped it to (directly to the Playlists folder or another folder), the SPK would not display any .m3u files in its folder view anywhere. I can only see the .m3u files through the Android File Transfer or the Commander One PRO.

I saw in one of your previous posts that you seem to be able to browse (and move), on the SPK, the .m3u files in the "Plists" folder you created. But I can not see any .m3u files anywhere on the SPK through SPK's folder view.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #4,968 of 9,409
@JasonNYC

When copying .m3u files to the sp1000 from my mac android file transfer keeps locking up. Is this a know issue and is there a work around for it. I am trying to export playlists from audirvana and use them on the sp1000. It is just easier to create playlists this way.

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #4,970 of 9,409
@JasonNYC

With the latest 1.16 firmware, should I be able to see the .m3u files in the Playlists folder through SPK's folder view? I am not able to see any .m3u files right now. The folder view shows an empty folder. But through playlist view, all the playlists are intact and can be played.

In fact, I can't see any .m3u files anywhere in any folder (internal or SD card) through folder view. Even though I am able to see the files with Commander One and AFT.

Previously I was able to see all the .m3u files in the folder view with v1.13. The problem suddenly started when I was trying to copy a .m3u file to the Playlists folder using Commander One. The copy didn't work (resulted in a 0 byte empty list) and suddenly my SPK stopped displaying any .m3u files in the folder view. I did soft reset several times and even upgraded the firmware to 1.16 but it remained the same.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #4,973 of 9,409
If I play an album from the Masters selectiom of the side loaded tidal app it shows hifi only. How can you play as master?
I've just tested . New Download from today onwards will display and played as Master. The ones I downloaded before today AND are MQA remain and play as Hifi. In other words you have to remove and then download them again in order to play and displayed as Master. Hope this helps

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #4,974 of 9,409
@ChrisLN

Sorry for the late reply i did not ignore you.

I use Windows 10 so i can't share with you the same tools since you're on OSX

Every M3U files stored on the Internal memory/Playlists folder will appear under Playlist on the main menu on your the SP1000.

I'm currently generating my Playlists under the the *.pla file format which is working very well (faster) on the SP1000
This is the Path name you can read when you edit the file.

The path are different depending on where is stored your music (SD)

/storage/emulated/0//Music/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM_NAME/01_SONG NAME.flac
/storage/sdxc-123/Music/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM_NAME/01_SONG NAME.flac

Yes for an unknown reason a simple drag and drop from the desktop to the SP1000 doesn't work.

I'm using MusicBee and i export my playlists from the app which is compatible with MTP devices.
But i will have to cut and past the Playlist created on the SD to the Int memory to see it appearing on the SP1000

Regards

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #4,975 of 9,409
I've just tested . New Download from today onwards will display and played as Master. The ones I downloaded before today AND are MQA remain and play as Hifi. In other words you have to remove and then download them again in order to play and displayed as Master. Hope this helps

Still doesn’t work for me. Could you please tell me which version of tidal do you have?
Thanks.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #4,976 of 9,409
I am wondering whether there is any information available to understand the volume impact to my ears at certain level of the SP1000. I am aware there is not a straightforward answer to it. There are quite some variables, f.e. impedance of hf, titel that's being played, etc. But as a rule of thumb? Maybe?

The reason for me asking is quite simple:

My setup is complete now, and I very much enjoy the comfort of my newly arrived CIEM (64audio/A18t) and the SQ of the combo with the SP1000. Consequently I listen to my favorites almost all day long (again: almost :)) ... with all the enjoyment I do not want to slowly ruin my hearing capabilities. After all no one hears anything anymore if ACDC rocks the hell out of my head ... so from that end nothing to worry about :D

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #4,977 of 9,409
Jan 8, 2019 at 9:25 PM Post #4,979 of 9,409
@ChrisLN

Sorry for the late reply i did not ignore you.

I use Windows 10 so i can't share with you the same tools since you're on OSX

Every M3U files stored on the Internal memory/Playlists folder will appear under Playlist on the main menu on your the SP1000.

I'm currently generating my Playlists under the the *.pla file format which is working very well (faster) on the SP1000
This is the Path name you can read when you edit the file.

The path are different depending on where is store your music (SD)

/storage/emulated/0//Music/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM_NAME/01_SONG NAME.flac
/storage/sdxc-123/Music/ARTIST_NAME/ALBUM_NAME/01_SONG NAME.flac

Yes for an unknown reason a simple drag and drop from the desktop the SP1000 doesn't work.

I'm using MusicBee and i export my playlists from the app which is compatible with MTP devices.
But i will have to cut and past the Playlist created on the SD to the Int memory to see it appearing on the SP1000

Regards

@Daibaron
Truly appreciate your help. Now I understand how you've copied the playlists to the SPK, I'll do some experiments and see how to solve the problem in my case. Thank you.

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #4,980 of 9,409
YESSSSSSS to Masters On Tidal!

If only there was a way to see what the track is being fully unfolded to. . . ah well already enjoying and redownloading all my previously saved Master Albums.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back