New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Feb 25, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #2,851 of 9,409
Also, I have been using Tidal streaming in HiFi and it is fantastic on the SP1000.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #2,852 of 9,409
Omega, what olddude said

If it's showing unknown album, your tagging is not correctly done.

On the now playing screen, on the top right is an icon with three straight horizontal parallel lines with a tiny arrow on the right of the lowest line. Press that and you'll see your album song list.

Hmm...thank you. Would you happen to know a possible solution to fix my tags? I'm using Tag editor and I see the album name in the "Album" column in the program, and I save my files too.

Feb 25, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #2,853 of 9,409
Well there’s a lot of software out there you can use to rip and label. AK sells a cd ripper that does it all that is quick and easy. Let me know if you need software names as I would have to get up and turn on my pc to get the name of the one I am using. However, asked for the CD ripper from AK from the Wife for an upcoming birthday lol....

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,855 of 9,409
The three dots menu gives you the file path. What I referenced gives you the album list. If you see the album name in the file dots menu, but not next to the song, you have got some sort of tagging issue. Take a file, retag it, making sure nothing comes before the album name and that you aren't using any unusual punctuation. So, say Album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely heart's Club Band. Put in Artist The Beatles. Try that and see what shows up. Also, make sure you place your files in folders that make sense. Say, The Beatles folder contains all of my The Beatles album folders.

The AK ripper is very expensive. Very.

I use a Mac, so unless you use one my software won't help. But the AK will read tags and if yours says unknown album, your tagging is not right or where you are placing your music is not correct..

Are you placing your music in the Music folder at the root of the AK's internal and did you make a Music folder and put it at the root of your MicroSD?

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #2,856 of 9,409
The three dots menu gives you the file path. What I referenced gives you the album list. If you see the album name in the file dots menu, but not next to the song, you have got some sort of tagging issue. Take a file, retag it, making sure nothing comes before the album name and that you aren't using any unusual punctuation. So, say Album Sgt. Pepper's Lonely heart's Club Band. Put in Artist The Beatles. Try that and see what shows up. Also, make sure you place your files in folders that make sense. Say, The Beatles folder contains all of my The Beatles album folders.

The AK ripper is very expensive. Very.

I use a Mac, so unless you use one my software won't help. But the AK will read tags and if yours says unknown album, your tagging is not right or where you are placing your music is not correct..

Are you placing your music in the Music folder at the root of the AK's internal and did you make a Music folder and put it at the root of your MicroSD?

My SP1000 has an internal storage and SDXC directory. In both of these directories there is a music folder.

Some of my album names are named like "Album name (year)"

Feb 25, 2018 at 1:45 PM Post #2,857 of 9,409
Just pull a folder or two out and try doing a simple renaming, then overwrite the folder(s) or erase them before replacing them. Try to figure out what you are doing wrong. And Album Artist does not work, so if you are doing that....

Feb 25, 2018 at 3:29 PM Post #2,858 of 9,409
tags.jpg
Like this

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018 at 4:06 PM Post #2,860 of 9,409
It's a paid app for Macs. So if you have a Mac and are willing to spend a bit of money, it's called Yate. There is a free app you can get, again for Mac, called XLD, that does a number of things including tagging, but has nowhere near as many tagging features as Yate. I think there is a Windows app called MP3Tag that works fairly well. I don't use PC's, so can't really help with that.

Feb 25, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #2,861 of 9,409
It's a paid app for Macs. So if you have a Mac and are willing to spend a bit of money, it's called Yate. There is a free app you can get, again for Mac, called XLD, that does a number of things including tagging, but has nowhere near as many tagging features as Yate. I think there is a Windows app called MP3Tag that works fairly well. I don't use PC's, so can't really help with that.

+1 to Yate. Reliably tags DSD files also (as long as they are DSF)

Feb 27, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #2,862 of 9,409

I've been using the "Tag Editor" app. Do you have experience with it, and if so would you recommend yate instead?

Also, should I clear the "album artist" tag for all my songs?

Mar 1, 2018 at 12:51 AM Post #2,864 of 9,409
I am using the ss version with noble kaiser encore ciems.

I’m really enjoying the combo, but was thinking about changing my cable.

Does anyone have any experience with the noble balanced cable or the silver / gold cable with the sp1000?

Thanks

LabKable Pandora - neutral overall gain for both my Noble 6 and K10Wizard (support daily long hours listening)
PlusSound X8 Gold Plated Silver - tweet and high pitch sound tunneling exceptional well for my K10wizard (my dopamine creator, haha), Noble 6 seems cant reach that tweet level.
PlusSound X8 Gold Plated Hybird SE - exceptional dynamic and power in middle range for both K10wizard and Noble 6 (very good combo for certain pop or rap or solo)

Daily playing on Ak380 with volume 50-75(MAX) in public transport.

I also tested these on SP1000 SS. Love it on Noble 6 with LabKable Pandora. I prefered SS than CU for SP1000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back