New to the IEM game. Best < $150
Nov 3, 2009 at 6:48 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought Ultimate wouldn't ship anything and buying from them required going to a retail store. Did you purchase your X10 from them?

I got mine shipped from Ultimate by calling a store in MN. I haven't received them yet, but my fingers are crossed.
Someone else had luck (there is another thread regarding this) calling their Corporate office and talking to a guy name Tony. I was given the same name by another of their store as well.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #18 of 20
My head is now officially spinning. I've eliminated the Etymotics and am now considering the triple.fi 10s the super fi 5s, and the RE0's. Clearly a wide price range but how big is the difference going to be between say the Re0's and the Triple.fi 10's? Its likely just going to be plugged straight into my iPod.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So basically the price you cited is useless to anyone who does not live in the vicinity of the two dozen or so Ultimate locations...

Ultimate Electronics does ship to non-business costumers, just call their business services department and ask them what you need. They were very helpful in placing my order, shipping is $22 for 2 day, but it's still a bargain considering the low overall price.

Nov 5, 2009 at 9:04 PM Post #20 of 20
Alright so between the X10's, the RE0's, the super.fi's and the triple.fi's, how big a difference will there be plugged straight into my iPod. I'm mostly look for really good mids and highs while still having a powerful bass. I was hoping to spend around 150 and the triple fi's certainly exceed that so unless they are substantially better, I don't think I'd spring for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back