New to IEMS (few questions) - Looking pair (Personal use/Gym)
Dec 19, 2012 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kyle11690

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, so I am not that new to the forums, but I have not had any experience with IEM's. I was first turned away from them due myself feeling uncomfortable with how you had to shove them in your ears. Since then I have somewhat become open to using them again. I had a few questions in regards to them as well.

Are there IEM's that don't go as deep as others?

Whats an overall good pair of IEM's for personal use/ using them for working out in the gym?

I have done some initial research and found that the MEElectronics M6 sports buds are pretty popular. Any input on this? Ideally I would want an IEM that was pretty bassy for working out. And if possible maybe one that did not have to go so deep in your ear (I don't even know if this exists). Price range is $75-$100.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciate since I am somewhat new to IEMS. Thanks!!

Kyle

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 4
The only IEM's I know of that have a shallow insertion are the Sennheiser sport and the Bose IE2 (both have a similar design). Here's the thing, sweat will, over time, damage the IEM. Its just going to happen. Instead, I would consider looking for a good cheap, comfortable IEM that you can think of as disposable... something you wouldn't rage about if it broke. I think a great workout IEM choice would be the Philips SHE3XXX series of headphones. From those that have them, they have a good sound sig with nice bass and they cost under $10. Save the rest of your money for a great IEM that you want to use on the go when you aren't sweating.

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 4
http://www.head-fi.org/t/541204/concise-multi-iem-comparison-dunu-crater-hawkeye-tai-chi-and-i-3c-s-added-dec-4th-2012

Be better off asking your question in there, good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back