New to High res audio and the like
Jan 13, 2015 at 11:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Saeglopur

Head-Fier
So I just got an actual audio setup. When I went to test out headphones the places had some HD audio files and one guy said he recommended using actual CDs instead of digital downloads off iTunes.
So I'm looking to learn a bit about what kinds of audio files there are and whether there are music players for Mac that I can buy high quality files from or anything like that?

I heard about something called fidellia I believe it was, some kind of audio thing for Mac. Anyway. Just curious if anyone has any info/tips for me. So I use Mac obviously in case there's specific OS things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2015 at 12:21 AM Post #2 of 6
FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV are all lossless.  Try to go for those.  High res, lossless music can be purchased from places like HDtracks.  I don't know anything about Macs and music players though, all I do know is I failed to find lossless music on iTunes, even though ALAC and AIFF are both Apple. 

Jan 15, 2015 at 11:49 AM Post #4 of 6
FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, and WAV are all lossless.  Try to go for those.  High res, lossless music can be purchased from places like HDtracks.  I don't know anything about Macs and music players though, all I do know is I failed to find lossless music on iTunes, even though ALAC and AIFF are both Apple. 

Ok so I'm assuming to have it portable you need special audio players that can actually play the files otherwise just playing it on a computer will be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back