New to Full size headphones and need helpful advice on choosing a new headphone! Please help!!!
Jun 12, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #31 of 137
Thanks for the suggestions! I will just go with buying the m50x on amazon without the bundle. by the way i keep seeing 1.2-3.0 meter coiled cable included along with the 3.0 straight cable and a 1.2 meter straight cable. My question is whether i am going to get a 1.2 m coiled cable or 3 meter cable when i buy this headphone? is this some kind of cable lottery? Thanks for your response!

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #32 of 137
You win the lottery on cables, yes. From their website:: "Detachable cables (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable, 3.0 m straight cable and 1.2 m straight cable)." Enjoy.

Jun 12, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #33 of 137
Thanks for the suggestions! I will just go with buying the m50x on amazon without the bundle. by the way i keep seeing 1.2-3.0 meter coiled cable included along with the 3.0 straight cable and a 1.2 meter straight cable. My question is whether i am going to get a 1.2 m coiled cable or 3 meter cable when i buy this headphone? is this some kind of cable lottery? Thanks for your response!
You get 3 cables. The coiled cable just means it starts at 1.2 m and when fully extended since it is coiled it's 3 m long.

Jul 24, 2014 at 12:47 PM Post #34 of 137
Dear Head-Fi'ers I don't want to revisit an old thread after so much performing so much scrutiny by asking numerous questions but something has caught my concern again. I just exploring a few reviews on amazon and one particular review caught my view. The review stated "It has great sound, but this is my SECOND pair, and just like my first the right ear is a little quieter than the left. It's very annoying and I am upset with audio technica. I was really looking forward to getting these headphones because I've heard some very favorable reviews, and they do sound great but I am upset with the company's quality control, and to be honest I am very sad " That is a frightening review for me to review as a first time full size over the ear headphone purchaser.  I would like to hear your esteemed opinion on this as a Head-Fi'er. Thank You! 

Jul 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #35 of 137
Is it maybe your ears? Try a mono signal and see how it goes and then try same on different headphones.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #36 of 137
A simple test that I do, because I suffer from ear wax buildup, is to flip the headphones so that the cups play in opposite ears.  If the sound is still lower on the same side of my head, it's me.

Jul 24, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #37 of 137
  Dear Head-Fi'ers I don't want to revisit an old thread after so much performing so much scrutiny by asking numerous questions but something has caught my concern again. I just exploring a few reviews on amazon and one particular review caught my view. The review stated "It has great sound, but this is my SECOND pair, and just like my first the right ear is a little quieter than the left. It's very annoying and I am upset with audio technica. I was really looking forward to getting these headphones because I've heard some very favorable reviews, and they do sound great but I am upset with the company's quality control, and to be honest I am very sad " That is a frightening review for me to review as a first time full size over the ear headphone purchaser.  I would like to hear your esteemed opinion on this as a Head-Fi'er. Thank You! 

Well, that was the experience of one particular reviewer.  Take it with a grain of salt.  There's a boatload of happy AT users to counterbalance that person's account.

Jul 31, 2014 at 7:52 PM Post #38 of 137
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  But i have a major issue! Just 2 or 3 days i  was bleeding from my left ear and went to see the doctor. I have my next on august 21. This is where i have a problem. I can purchase the headphone right now and send it to the location where father resides and works. There is no tax in this area. However, if i do purchase this headphone right now i probably cannot use it until i get positive feedback from the doctor. That would mean that I keep this headphone idle for a month without trying it. What i am afraid of is once i start using it the return policy with amazon would have expired and if by chance the headphone is defective even though it new then i would be stuck in a gutter. Can anyone give me some  helpful suggestions on how to deal with this problem!? Thank You!

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #39 of 137
You should always buy when the time is right for you, within that month, you may read up a bit more and actually decide on a different set

On the flip side, the chances of a faulty M50 would in my opinion miniscule and if you are set on them and can save a bit of cash through the tax, go for them

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:47 PM Post #40 of 137
Thanks for the suggestions everyone!  But i have a major issue! Just 2 or 3 days i  was bleeding from my left ear and went to see the doctor. I have my next on august 21. This is where i have a problem. I can purchase the headphone right now and send it to the location where father resides and works. There is no tax in this area. However, if i do purchase this headphone right now i probably cannot use it until i get positive feedback from the doctor. That would mean that I keep this headphone idle for a month without trying it. What i am afraid of is once i start using it the return policy with amazon would have expired and if by chance the headphone is defective even though it new then i would be stuck in a gutter. Can anyone give me some  helpful suggestions on how to deal with this problem!? Thank You!

Jeez. Ear bleeding, you won't be able use them, doctor says no. Isn't the answer obvious? Don't buy them now. Chill.

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #41 of 137
Aug 26, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #43 of 137
This is just out of curiosity but if you guys were to purchase a headphone on amazon.com ; would you give various other sellers on the site a chance and purchase from one of them or would you directly purchase it from amazon for safety purposes. I ask this because some of prices listed on amazon .com are far lower than amazon's stated price but when i tried looking the other sellers up in google i didn't have much success even though they seem to possess a good rating on amazon.com! What you guys do in a situation like this? I just want to be very careful and make safe decisions. Thanks!

Sep 3, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #44 of 137
Dear Friends I was just going through Head-Fi forums and found a interesting thread. This guy was also into electronic and rock music like me. The people who helped this person out recommended headphones like Denon D600, Ultrasone HFI-580, ATH-ESW9,M-Audio Q40,Beyerdynamics DT8800 and DT770. There was criticism about the M50x lacking in bass and that the music doesn't open up well. I am very wary of criticism like this  and don't want to have an underwhelming experience when i do purchase a headphone after much anticipation.  My budget by the way is below $200. I live in a remote location in the United States apart from all the cities and suburbs. Therefore i don't have a guitar center in sight while there is a best buy store which absolutely sucks and demoing is not an option Can anyone give me some helpful advice to help me on this issue?

Sep 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #45 of 137
Dear Friends I was just going through Head-Fi forums and found a interesting thread. This guy was also into electronic and rock music like me. The people who helped this person out recommended headphones like Denon D600, Ultrasone HFI-580, ATH-ESW9,M-Audio Q40,Beyerdynamics DT8800 and DT770. There was criticism about the M50x lacking in bass and that the music doesn't open up well. I am very wary of criticism like this  and don't want to have an underwhelming experience when i do purchase a headphone after much anticipation.  My budget by the way is below $200. I live in a remote location in the United States apart from all the cities and suburbs. Therefore i don't have a guitar center in sight while there is a best buy store which absolutely sucks and demoing is not an option Can anyone give me some helpful advice to help me on this issue?

Lacking bass?
Measurements (and other head fi ers) say they have a significant bass boost (still considered fairly balanced). It may still seem lacking in bass to people used to sony xbs or skullcandies.
If you dont like the ath m50's bass quantity you probably wont like the dt880 either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back