New TINY 1G iPod Shuffle... Such a nice toy!
Sep 12, 2006 at 11:24 PM Post #31 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super King
I might be the only one, but two of the things I liked best about the "old" Shuffle I have are that it fits perfectly in my hand (thumb right above the buttons) and that it has built-in USB, both of which are definitely gone in this version. It'll be interesting to see what happens to the great sound quality of the 1st one.

Exactly my question. Prefer the format of the old one too, for the same reasons.

Sep 12, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #34 of 47
Anyone pre-order one yet? Who's going to be the first Guinea Pig -- I mean beta-tester -- I mean early adopter?

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #36 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBicFlic
I don't believe they can fit 1 1gig in there, thats insane. Its rediculosy small, the size of the remote for my video.

ever see a microSD card before?

Sep 13, 2006 at 12:36 AM Post #37 of 47
wow, dangerously small....

Sep 13, 2006 at 1:04 AM Post #39 of 47
I just ordered one..I kind of like having a screen like the nano but in practice, I grab my wife's shuffle more than my portable cd player - just for convenience sake..

We got a refurb'ed 512mb shuffle for my wife..so far so good..

The salesman at the applestore said I should have it by the first week of October, of course the order status on apples website says it will ship by Oct 31 with an estimated delivery date of Nov 7th..A day that will go down in infamy (I believe thats the day the Japanese Navy bombed Pearl Harbor).

Anyway, the salesman said that electrically the 2nd gen is the same as the first so they should sound the same.

I'll report me findings as soon as I get the bloody thing..

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romanee
Anyone pre-order one yet? Who's going to be the first Guinea Pig -- I mean beta-tester -- I mean early adopter?

Sep 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #40 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by desmoface
I just ordered one..I kind of like having a screen like the nano but in practice, I grab my wife's shuffle more than my portable cd player - just for convenience sake..

We got a refurb'ed 512mb shuffle for my wife..so far so good..

The salesman at the applestore said I should have it by the first week of October, of course the order status on apples website says it will ship by Oct 31 with an estimated delivery date of Nov 7th..A day that will go down in infamy (I believe thats the day the Japanese Navy bombed Pearl Harbor).

Anyway, the salesman said that electrically the 2nd gen is the same as the first so they should sound the same.

I'll report me findings as soon as I get the bloody thing..

Steve

Decemeber 7th, but close enough. Let us know how you like it, I might be picking up one as well. I just hope it can drive headphones decently.

Sep 13, 2006 at 3:06 AM Post #41 of 47
I do believe your are right, Dec 7th.

I will let everyone know how it sounds as soon as it comes in..I'll make an a-b comparo to the 1st generation shuffle..

Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBicFlic
Decemeber 7th, but close enough. Let us know how you like it, I might be picking up one as well. I just hope it can drive headphones decently.

Oct 9, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #43 of 47
Reviving the thread.

I ordered one - I couldn't resist. It will replace my iRiver for something to listen to while doing work around the house (yardwork, etc). or for when I need a very small portable rig. I will be using the new shuffle with a pair of Shure E4Cs. I am crossing my fingers that the new shuffle will sound as good as the original. For $79 shipped, I couldn't stop myself from ordering one.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back