New supraaural headphones from Thinksound: On1.
Feb 5, 2016 at 5:19 AM Post #136 of 158
The PM3 doesn't really have a solid low end and needs a lot of power to really sing while the On1 punches well and has a really smooth signature compared to the more neutralish PM3.

Thanks! Appreciate the input.

But from what I read here, I got the impression that the treble of the On1 is more pronounced than the PM3. Which should make the PM3 the more smoother one.. Is this correct?

Btw, do you own both headphones? What do you use to drive those headphones?

Feb 9, 2016 at 10:07 PM Post #139 of 158
Probably not as they were custom made for the on.  If you own the On1 and need pads please email us at hello@thinksound.com as there is a 2 year warranty.

Thanks
Aaron Fournier
President and ceo
thinksound/first harmonic

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:02 AM Post #140 of 158
  The On1 runs off a Cayin C5 and the PM3 too. Treble is sibilant if the recording is sibilant.

I see.. do you mind giving me a brief comparisons of the bass-midrange-treble qualities between these two headphones?

Appreciate it very much 
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 10, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #142 of 158
Probably not as they were custom made for the on.  If you own the On1 and need pads please email us at hello@thinksound.com as there is a 2 year warranty.

Thanks
Aaron Fournier
President and ceo
thinksound/first harmonic

Whoa you are also the creator of FH?!

Feb 10, 2016 at 11:45 AM Post #144 of 158
Sure am!

Thanks

Aaron Fournier
President/ceo/engineer
thinksound and first harmonic

Didn't know that! Coincidentally I also received an Amazon feedback from you. I had already left a review, basically saying they sound great but they are just a bit too bright for my ears. Have about 50hrs on them, not sure if burn in will tone them down any. Good stuff though!

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #145 of 158
I recommend 72 hours of burn-in for all earphones.  The fitting size also needs to be correct in order to get the proper seal for accurate low-end.

Thanks!

Aaron Fournier
President/ceo/engineer
thinksound and first harmonic

Feb 10, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #146 of 158
Didn't know that! Coincidentally I also received an Amazon feedback from you. I had already left a review, basically saying they sound great but they are just a bit too bright for my ears. Have about 50hrs on them, not sure if burn in will tone them down any. Good stuff though!

You can always add a bit of front damping like toilet paper or felt to tone down the treble, the pads are mounted on a ring that can be twisted off easily.

Feb 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #147 of 158
I think these headphones have ruined me. They're absolutely fantastic and I'm addicted to their sound signature (how would one describe it?), but I need to find an IEM version. As far as I've read their iems are great but I get the feeling not quite On1 level. I've got a Aurisonic Kicker which I'm returning because I just can't get a good seal/insertion depth (bass is lacking in what is meant to be a bass iem so that should tell you I'm having issues with their shocking tips). Do you have any suggestions for a great pair of iems to get under $250?

Feb 11, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #148 of 158
Sorry, just to clarify I was talking about the IEB6 from First Harmonic not the On1 which I have unfortunately not heard yet

Feb 13, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #150 of 158
Strong, punchy bass, overall detailed sound, mostly smooth, sometimes sibilant. Efficient. Handsome, they fold compact, they don't intrude when wearing on the neck, flimsy looking headband, though they will survive for a long time if you get them a case, even in the case they are relatively compact. Not really a pair for sound production, the bass is too strong for that, thankfully the boost is most prominent in the sub-bass, so it seldom masks the midrange. Amazing for electronic music on the go. Headstage is reasonably wide, deep and rounded of an on-ear, miles better than the M40x I had before. A decent package.

Anything else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back